Converting Skeletal Mesh to Procedural Mesh

Hello everyone,
I am new to Unreal Engine, and for the past two weeks, I have been working the basics, and trying to do some cool stuff. For my first project, I am thinking of having a character that can cut everything in a level.

I have pretty much nailed cutting static meshes by transforming it into procedural meshes.

The problem arises with Skeletal Meshes. I tried to go with the same approach of converting the skeletal mesh to a procedural mesh, so that then I could go ahead and cut it.
I found some threads, such as this one: https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/create-procedural-mesh-from-animated-skeletal-mesh/429492/11 in which everyone seems to have solved what they were looking for. I tried to use the code provided, but I can’t seem to figure it out.

My code at the moment looks like this:

#include "my_class.h"
#include "Components/SkeletalMeshComponent.h"
#include "Rendering/MultiSizeIndexContainer.h"
#include "Rendering/SkeletalMeshLODRenderData.h"
#include "Rendering/SkeletalMeshRenderData.h"

void AMyClass::ConvertSkeletalMeshToProceduralMesh(USkeletalMeshComponent* InSkeletalMeshComponentnnn, int32 LODIndex, UProceduralMeshComponent* InProcMeshComponent)
{
	FSkeletalMeshRenderData* SkMeshRenderData = InSkeletalMeshComponentnnn->GetSkeletalMeshRenderData();
	const FSkeletalMeshLODRenderData& DataArray = SkMeshRenderData->LODRenderData[LODIndex];
	FSkinWeightVertexBuffer& SkinWeights = *InSkeletalMeshComponentnnn->GetSkinWeightBuffer(LODIndex);

TArray<FVector> VerticesArray;
	TArray<FVector> Normals;
	TArray<FVector2D> UV;
	TArray<FColor> Colors;
	TArray<FProcMeshTangent> Tangents;

for (int32 j = 0; j < DataArray.RenderSections.Num(); j++)
	{
		//get num vertices and offset 
		const int32 NumSourceVertices = DataArray.RenderSections[j].NumVertices;
		const int32 BaseVertexIndex = DataArray.RenderSections[j].BaseVertexIndex;

for (int32 i = 0; i < NumSourceVertices; i++)
		{
			const int32 VertexIndex = i + BaseVertexIndex;

//get skinned vector positions
			const FVector3f SkinnedVectorPos = USkeletalMeshComponent::GetSkinnedVertexPosition(
				InSkeletalMeshComponentnnn, VertexIndex, DataArray, SkinWeights);
			//VerticesArray.Add(fromFVector3f(SkinnedVectorPos));
			VerticesArray.Add(FVector(SkinnedVectorPos.X, SkinnedVectorPos.Y, SkinnedVectorPos.Z));

//Calc normals and tangents from the static version instead of the skeletal one
			const FVector3f ZTangentStatic = DataArray.StaticVertexBuffers.StaticMeshVertexBuffer.VertexTangentZ(
				VertexIndex);
			const FVector3f XTangentStatic = DataArray.StaticVertexBuffers.StaticMeshVertexBuffer.VertexTangentX(
				VertexIndex);

//add normals from the static mesh version instead because using the skeletal one doesnt work right.
			//Normals.Add(fromFVector3f(ZTangentStatic));
			Normals.Add(FVector(ZTangentStatic.X, ZTangentStatic.Y, ZTangentStatic.Z));

//add tangents
			//Tangents.Add(FProcMeshTangent(fromFVector3f(XTangentStatic), false));
			Tangents.Add(FProcMeshTangent(FVector(XTangentStatic.X, XTangentStatic.Y, XTangentStatic.Z), false));

//get UVs
			const FVector2f SourceUVs = DataArray.StaticVertexBuffers.StaticMeshVertexBuffer.
			                                      GetVertexUV(VertexIndex, 0);
			FVector2d ResUVs;
			ResUVs.X = SourceUVs.X;
			ResUVs.Y = SourceUVs.Y;
			UV.Add(ResUVs);

//dummy vertex colors
			Colors.Add(FColor(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 255));
		}
	}

//get index buffer
	FMultiSizeIndexContainerData IndicesData;
	DataArray.MultiSizeIndexContainer.GetIndexBuffer(IndicesData.Indices);

for (int32 j = 0; j < DataArray.RenderSections.Num(); j++)
	{
		TArray<int32> Tris;

// get number triangles and offset
		const int32 SectionNumTriangles = DataArray.RenderSections[j].NumTriangles;
		const int32 SectionBaseIndex = DataArray.RenderSections[j].BaseIndex;

//iterate over num indices and add triangles
		for (int32 i = 0; i < SectionNumTriangles; i++)
		{
			int32 TriVertexIndex = i*3 + SectionBaseIndex;
			Tris.Add(IndicesData.Indices[TriVertexIndex]);
			Tris.Add(IndicesData.Indices[TriVertexIndex + 1]);
			Tris.Add(IndicesData.Indices[TriVertexIndex + 2]);
		}

//Create the procedural mesh section
		InProcMeshComponent->CreateMeshSection(j, VerticesArray, Tris, Normals, UV, Colors, Tangents, true);
	}
}

In UE I instantiate a blueprint from that class (derives from AActor), and in the construction script I have this:

The static mesh is hidden in-game, so I should only see the procedural mesh.
But what happens is that the procedural mesh just falls through the bottom of the level, never to be seen again lol. Is this a problem with collisions? A problem with the code? What can I do?

I tried a lot of setting changes, but nothing seems to work my way.

Sorry for the long text

bump

You create a procedural mesh, but the construction script only runs at the beginning, so it reflects the state when it was created. To move the mesh at the same time, you need to refresh it every frame, or delete and recreate it.