"Convert Spline to Poly Line" node. What is it's use and what does it do?

Anyone knows what the node " Convert Spline to Poly Line" do or where it is used for?
From the name I would say it converts a spline to polygon line over the spline.

but I cant find anything about this node, no examples, no tutorials, and the docs arent very helpfull either.

I am trying to create a line between spline points (following the spline offcourse).

Is this a new UE5 thing? Looks like it’s a just a shortcut to get a bunch of precalculated data. It does not really draw anything apart from doing the math. One thing UE4 splines are missing is a node that gets a bunch of points.

This would save you 10 or so nodes.

I am trying to create a line between spline points

Now that you have a bunch of points, you can draw a line but there’s no tangents here so it cannot do curves. The node actually strips data off the spline…

Unless it returns verts so you can construct procedural mesh - that’d be cool as heck! But I doubt it, there does not seem to be enough data unless there’s more nodes that do the rest of the heavy lifting.

UE does not have good tools for drawing neat 3d lines. It makes you work hard. If you want curved 3d lines use spline + spline mesh components or Niagara ribbons. Or look into Rama’s plugins, he exposed what the draw debug lines is doing to BPs.

Drawing straight lines is easy, curved ones are somewhat tricky with the available tools.

Also, have a look at this thread:

Lots of info about the way to draw lines, the links inside lead to more stuff. It’s a whole maze.

okay, thanks for the reply!
I guess I can ignore that node for now.
I will look into Rama’s plugings, thanks for the tip.

btw, I am not looking for 3D lines, I need 2D lines but I also need them to bend sometimes.
I am currently trying it with splines and splinemeshes, but I get mixed results with that.
(Advice needed about splines/splinemeshcomponent (runtime))
So I was hoping to find a easier way to get lines (or something that looks like a line) following a spline, but I will be testing with this a bit more to hopefully get a better result.