Convert camera to cine camera sequence editor

Hi, I’ve finally managed to import camera movement from blender (the shot is motion tracked in blender)
(p.s. if anyone has problems with this the only way i found to do it is to set y up, x forward and then export an identical camera that is parented to the first camera, then rotate the parented camera around local z until you get the correct rotation in ue4)

Right so now i have it in ue4, by creating a matinee, then going to import and importing the fbx.

now i convert this to a sequence.

I can’t find any way to add the output of this camera to a camera cut track, therefore i cannot render through it.
i can add a cine camera, which is ideal with all its nice settings etc, but how do i get the motion of the imported camera to the cine camera?

Did you ever manage to figure this out?

I am trying to convert a camera that I managed to get from After Effects, through Lightwave and into Unreal. The problem is that it comes across as a CameraActor and I need it to be a CineCameraActor so that I can make use of the Image Plate plugin and Movie Render Queue. Among many other things, I have tried to manually copy the keys from the old cam to the new cam and manually enter the camera and lens settings but the new CineCameraActor does not line up with the old CameraActor.

1 Like