Control amount of motion blur on Niagara particles

Hello!

We was trying to find a way to increase motion blur on particles from Niagara. The way what we currently found is to use “PostProcessVolume” and under “Motion Blur” tab increase “Amount” and decrease “Target FPS” there. However, when we rendering out with “Movie Render Queue” motion blur is way shorter then in viewport. Its looks like “Target FPS” is not taking in account and used a project or MRQ settings.
Is there any better ways to control amount of motion blur on geometry or particles?

Thanks you,

After chatting with Chris, he gave one nice solution for it!
So, in Niagara render bindings I overriding “Velocity” with my custom vector attribute. Than by changing “Motion Vector Settings” to “Proximate” makes render to take velocity for render motion blur instead of computing true one.
Thanks for help :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey! Could you please explain how do you set custom vector attriubute? I found the Velocity binding in Sprite renderer but I do not get how to set custom vector attribute for Velocity binding.

You can create a new scratch pad module in the particle update section, get the particle velocity, multiply it by an input multiplier that you set yourself, and then set your own custom particle attribute ‘VelocityMotionBlur’. You can then call this custom attribute from the sprite renderer. A very clever little hack by the way. Thanks guys!

3 Likes

Made a short tutor about this. Its in russian but looks it is easy to understande without text.

1 Like