Content theft?

Why dont you guys not read what i told you?
I told you that exactly this would happen.

Of course he knew that this will happen, maybe he just wanted to draw some more attention.
They moved the release date also. It should have been released on 8th Of July.
ae93e7fdf5ed40e1a45ac5b2b2fc05da.png
Atleast we have some time to figure out everything, before the release of the game.

Yep, they banned me from the forums and removed the thread. They didn’t even give a reason for the ban - likely because they knew they didn’t have one.

Aw, I posted a thread on the Gamespot LOKA board and was banned on there as well :frowning: Turns out I was banned on the entirety of GameSpot forums, my mistake for posting…

Wait, individual game moderators have power over the entire forums? That’s absurd.

If you were banned from the Steam discussion forums, you can report the moderator in question via their profile - this is the relevant profile:

Silly question: why are you flaming the dev of LOKA ?

the full infiltrator demo is available on the marketplace. anybody that “buy” an asset on the marketplace (even if its for free) can reuse it or modify it as he wants (as long as you don’t sell/redistribute the marketplace asset uncooked).

**So why that witch hunt ? **
the question is real ! why should anybody still buy any asset on the marketplace (free or paid), if the day he release a demo or a pre-alpha on steam or anywhere else it get flamed for using those assets.

for epic games, if he makes money from that game and pays the 5% royalties thats ok (as far as I understand epic games EULA)
p.s.
I don’t know for the other assets

p.s.2
cynical ON:: what about all those thefts that reuse without any shame the free fps/top-down/side scroller/3rd view/puzzle templates available within UE4 ?

Open assets always causes this kind of problem, just look at all those unity games that are all the same assets everywhere.
A serious studio will pay artists to model their own thing and use public assets only for prototyping…

There’s using the free assets (which is poor form, but acceptable), and then there’s pushing your game through Greenlight using the Infiltrator demo (not the assets, the entire actual demo), and using ripped assets from another game in your gameplay videos. The first is very disingenuous and basically cheating the system, the second is outright copyright infringement. They’re also deliberately trying to hide the fact that they are by banning people from the forums; doing so can cause said users to get community bans across the entire of Steam, so that’s a pretty big deal too.

There is a line between using assets to enhance your project/speed up development and using someone else full project as a way to draw attention because you’re not able to create content of such high quality. Creators did not used this assets to build their project, they replaced 2 character models and recorded original video sequence only with that change advertising this as their product. Look at ARK - they used free Shooter demo and Marketplace assets to speed up development, then they added their own assets and marketed product. These developers marketing someone else work as their own. Now they are banning everyone who trying to make this fact available to the clients. And they promise $100’000 for first players who accumulated most of the points in 14 days.

If this does not look like scamming scheme then I don’t know what is scamming is :stuck_out_tongue:

Today’s question, what will happen to this thread? :stuck_out_tongue:

A: It will get a very informative answer from the developer
B: It will be spammed with hate
C: It will be deleted and the author will be banned
D: All of the above

I’m betting on C.

Yes, the whole Steam Greenlight system is a joke.
What makes it worse is that there are still some people that genuinely believe getting greenlit means something :frowning:

Sadly it was A, but not very informative. He’s probably using google translate to write everything.

When I got greenlit I had to work 5 months for it… You’d have to have at least 50.000 positive votes to enter Valve’s internal pool.
Nowadays yeah, it means nothing. Valve doesn’t even vote themselves anymore and I heard you only need like 1.000 votes or less then you’re in and you also have to pay. rofl.

The developer yesterday tried to answer one of the questions on the steam forum, his answer was not clear, probably because he can’t speak in English. Moreover, he just deleted the thread, which was active for more than 12 hours after his response(with his answer included).

For those who wan’t to see what the thread was about, take a look below. Unfortunately, I don’t have a picture with the devs answer (which didn’t explain us a thing about this game, so the answer is not very relative)

It’s licenced for use only with unreal engine based products. Unless the EULA has any more restriction, I don’t think this violates anything, on Epic Games’ end. (They could be facing trouble from Crytek, if Crytek can pay for legal service that is…) The world works this way: he who abandons dignity shall win:rolleyes:

As Jamendxman3 posted, it’s more of an ethical problem…

BTW, I’ve also wanted to pack a benchmark software with some of UE4’s most demanding demo, namely Infiltrator and the Kite demo, play the Matinee movie and show the sum of frames as a score. Now it seems that’s a genuinely good idea…

I just wonder what are reviews and refund % will be.

Not strictly true. False advertising through misrepresentation of your product is illegal in most countries, and is against Steams TOS. By using a trailer that is not their game, they’re doing exactly that.

As far as my understanding goes, you are suggesting they use stuff that are not in their game to advertise their game. But if they just throw all the content in the game, maybe use infiltrator as the opening cinematic, and the whole game is of a similar style, and is a shooter, then it’s hard to say that they did false advertising… After all the stuffs are all there…

Anyway, I wouldn’t mind a good game use some dirty marketing manoeuvre, after all it’s really hard to make people “have heard your game”. And I don’t think a bad game would succeed from that, especially with Steam’s 2-hour strategy…

Your understanding is not very good, how you can’t see that this game was added to the steam just to scam people. If it was legit, then the admin wouldn’t ban everyone on the forums. If you think that this game might be good so go and win 100k $ with your friends. Tell me afterwards if you got the money.

Furthermore, you are the only one who is defending this game, it seems very suspicious how you only have few posts, but you registered long time ago. If one of the mods could check his ip (if it’s Russian or Ukrainian) then it would be very clear if he was involved in making LOKA.