Content Cooking details

I have a lot of questions related to Content Cooking. Documentation doesn’t give enough details of Content Cooking.

1. What does “AllDesktop” in “Cooked platforms” mean? Does that mean Unreal Engine will cook content for any desktop (Mac/Windows) and any version (Server/Client/NoEditor) it can?
  2. Does (Mac/Windows)Client version cooking mean Unreal Engine will specifically remove all server-side code from this version, so running as server will be impossible in this version? Or does it mean Unreal Engine will just block running Client-version as server, but it is still possible for pirates to “unlock” it to run as a server?
  3. Does (Mac/Windows)NoEditor version means other versions have editor in them (what!?) and may be distributed only via forking Unreal Engine GitHub (as every other part of engine)?
  4. What exactly On the Fly cooking does? Does On the Fly cooking make client empty and cook-server needs to send everything to client (like a cloud gaming)? Or does cook-server only cook everything once and send parts of the game to client as needed, but client has some basic functionality? If so, how to control, which parts of game should be downloaded with client, not via cook-server?
  5. For example, I am creating an online game, in which new quests may be added every day, but significant parts (like new characters) may be added once a month. Should I use By the Book cooking (get quests with in-game replication system and use patching to add every new character) or On the Fly cooking?
  6. Could you provide an example of game in which On the Fly cooking may be useful?

P.S. I think, Unreal Engine probably has even more features than any tutorial says it has, but documentation is such fragmented and insufficient, that discovering these features is near impossible…