Contact with Spot Light stops enemy AI?

Hey, guys. I need some help making a crucial mechanic for the horror game that I’m making. It involves an enemy AI and a Spot Light. I want to make the enemy’s weakness the player’s flashlight (Spot Light). When the enemy comes in contact with the Spot Light, I want the enemy to stop moving. Does anybody know how I can make this happen? And if you’re wondering, I got this idea from the game Slender: The Arrival (as shown in the video below). If anyone could help me out with this, I’d greatly appreciate it! Please and thanks in advance!

-A

If you have no idea what I’m talking about, please refer to points 0:18,0:23, and 0:28.

I would send out 8-10 line traces evenly spread across your light cone and then if any of them hits, pass an event to whatever actor they do hit.

You could try using groups of sphere traces instead but there will be different issues with each. ie with line checks, they will go through thin gaps but its possible that part of an enemy could be missed in between the lines. With sphere traces, they may be overly blocked by geometry but you won’t be likely to miss your enemy. Maybe try various sizes for sphere trace if there are issues with lines?