Contact shadows color/intensity?

As you can see, contact shadows (set to 0.1) on grass are really dark (almost black)

• It’s unrealistic to get such small object like grass casting such dark shadows
  • Such high contrast between shadows and light makes borders of the screenspace effect too much visible
    I searched everywhere but can’t find any setting to make those shadows brighter, is it possible?

(This is how screenspace shadows look like in Red Dead Redemption 2, more subtle, not pitch black . Yes, they are screenspace, you can see it on borders while moving the camera)

Usually disable the setting anyway.
it doesnt work right being a screen space effect it cause a slur of issues with everything else.
look at the corners of your render.

“Don’t use it” doesn’t answer my question. I’m asking if there’s a way to change the color/intensity of those shadows.
I know that screenspace shadows looks worse than CSM because it’s screenspace. It looks so bad on borders because it has to be a subtle effect, not casting shadows darker than CSM shadows.

The easiest way to deal with this is to just increase the skylight intensity. This is also more realistic than changing the shadow intensity.

You could edit the shader. I don’t think there is any other way.

Do you know wich shader? Can’t find any “contact shadow” shader or close name.

There is this console command, I havent tested if it works in shipped builds though:
r.ContactShadows.NonShadowCastingIntensity

if you set it to 0.5, object with castCOntactShadows set to off will cast a weaker shadow.