ConstructorHelpers and chunks

Hello,

I have been working on setting up Chunk Downloader and ran into an issue with my C+±found meshes, and the chunk assigned to them.

My setup uses PrimaryAssetLabel for specifying the chunk which the meshes should be assigned to, albeit it turns out that assets found using for example ConstructorHelpers::FObjectFinder are inserted directly into chunk 0, which is not intended.

An example of finding an asset is as follows (in .cpp file):

static ConstructorHelpers::FObjectFinder<USkeletalMesh> MyCharacterFinder(TEXT("SkeletalMesh'/Game/MyGame/Characters/MyCharacter.MyCharacter'"));
	if (MyCharacterFinder.Succeeded())
		MyCharacter = MyCharacterFinder.Object;

And in the header:

USkeletalMesh* MyCharacter;

I have attempted using a property specifier, for example:

UPROPERTY(AssetRegistrySearchable)
USkeletalMesh* MyCharacter;

Although this seemed to have no effect. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Also attempted “AssetBundles” without any different result.

After having worked on it, here is an update:

Finding no solution to this I instead opted to make a blueprint and parent said blueprint to the C++ class. Then I set the blueprint classes I previously found using ConstructorHelpers on that blueprint instead.

An example of a blueprint class that can be set on my blueprint can be seen in the following snippet:

UPROPERTY(EditDefaultsOnly)
TSubclassOf<UMyWidget> MyWidgetClass;

It should be warned that by default the value of this variable is “None”, and therefore a nullptr, which means that nullptr checking has to be performed carefully. However, that would also be the case with ConstructorHelpers, although it would at least shows up a warning box if the asset was not found.