Construction script animation doesn't work when I play game.

I did construction script & sequencer setting like this and construction script animation working good in sequencer.

But when I press play button or render it to video, animation doesn’t show up.
Do you guys know why? and how to fix?

Please help me if you know this

Hey, this article is almost 4 years old by now, but I still have the same question and can’t seem to find an answer to it.

How can you render out animations based on Construction Script?

I couldn’t make it work and have therefore ventured deep into Event-Graph-driven animation in UE, but coming from C4D/Houdini, animating a public variable linked to the Construction Graph of a Blueprint Actor is definitely the more ‘logical’ way. Plus, Event Graph animations come with their own set of problems, as you can see here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/how-to-avoid-timeline-nodes-having-to-finish-when-using-blueprint-actor-event-tracks-in-sequencer/511864

In my tests I’ve got a perfectly good Blueprint Actor set up with everything created inside Construction Script and an “Offset” variable exposed in Sequencer that lets me drive individual components of that Blueprint Actor with keyframes.

This works like a charm in the editor and I don’t need to hit the “Play” button to run the game in order to see what’s going on. As I said before, i’s essentially the ‘logical’ way to animate if you come from the C4D/Blender/Houdini world.

BUT, for some reason - that I don’t understand and that nobody seems to be mentioning anywhere online - you cannot export these animations as a movie file / image sequence. Unless there is a way and I’ve just been too thick to find them :smile:

I’m eager to find out :upside_down_face:

I ran into this issue just now - I just made sure that any of the variables that needed updating were plugged into On Tick in the event graph (But my use case was updating vector and scalar parameters in a vertex shader) - It worked for me - good luck!

Then I add keyframes whilst ‘simulate’ is running and the viewport updates in realtime.