Hello, I have updated Engine\Config\ConsoleVariables.ini to have those settings:
so that I could debug shaders. I then noticed some z-fighting appearing. That is, removing above changes removes z-fighting. The problem is the behavior is not consistent. In one extreme case, previewing with Oculus Rift resulted in a glitch very similar to bad resource transition on console (weird black patterns showing up for only 1 frame). I was lucky to capture the problem in RenderDoc and notice z-fighting on the left eye. Vive, PC and editor were ok.
Can you comfirm this behavior? Is it possible to fix it?
- UE 4.18.2
- Make changes to ConsoleVariables.ini
- Create default project with minimal content (skybox and a floor).
- Add TutorialTPP skeletal mesh (comes with engine content)
- Make sure it has its Tutorial_Walk_Fwd animation (comes with engine content)
- Preview in VR with Rift
- Notice that, once in a while, black lines/dots/patterns are visible for 1 frame.