Connecting to a multiuser server programmatically

Hi, I’m working on further integrating UE with my company’s pipeline.

Right now we have a server with git repositories of the various projects, a launcher that automates synchronizing with local machine copies of a project, and a lock file that ensures only one machine is working on a specific UE project.
The lock file knows which machine is currently using the project, and its IP.

Now I’m trying to add an “upen as multiuser client” option to the launcher available to all machines, that would open the project and immediately try to connect as multiuser client to whatever machine has currently locked the project. That way I’d ensure the project-locking machine is still the only one keeping track of changes and committing them at the end of the day.

I looked into the automatic connection of the multiuser plugin project setting, however since they change the project settings file, they’d cause a file version mismatch between different machines (especially since there’s no guarantee that a project will be locked every day by the same machine). So that option is discarded.

I’m now trying to find in the multiuser plugin if there’s some public function I can call from my own plugin on startup to attempt a connection and close UE in case of failure (which likely means the locking machine didn’t open a multiuser server).

Ideally all I need is a “multiuser::connect(ip_address)”, but I’m not finding anything along those lines…

Bump
I’ve spent quite a lot of time digging in the multiuser plugin source and I still cannot find what function initiates a connection.