Connect a VR headset to UE5

Hi,
I am currently trying to set up an Oculus quest 2 to unreal. There are already so many different problems I have encountered trying to link it to the computer. But the most difficult part has been trying to actually get it to work in UE.

First problem: The run VR button when I want to choose where to run my project (currently ue’s own vr template) is out-greyed. It is only shown when I use the SteamVR plugin (not the OpenXR). But it says that the plugin SteamVR is deprecated, so it has be another way to do this? But how?

Second problem: When pressing play (when using the SteamVR plugin) the project crashes over and over… but playing it separately on windows works. Any idea why?

I got it to work when I used the original Link cable to the Quest 2. But it does still not work with AirLink, but that might be because the Wi-Fi is really bad.

You just have to make sure that you connected to the same WIFI. There will be a problem if let’s say you are working in the office with one WIFI connection but many routers. At least that was my problem with the AirLink

Oh thank you! That’s probably why it won’t work in school, I have to try it at home to confirm this now :))