Computer shutting down

12/22/2022
Everything is working perfectly on my computer, until I go to UE5, then the computer shuts off. It’s not an overheating problem, I can multitask on several other software programs, no problem.
Did a new bug start today in Unreal Engine?

Hey there @Borrowedtruths! Welcome back to the community! To check the shutdown reasons for a windows PC you’d need to take a look at the Event Viewer logs and see what actually triggered the shutdown. Unreal itself shouldn’t even be capable of causing a full shutdown unless it overwhelmed your processor.

So take a look into the event viewer logs if possible, and also if I may have your specs we can possibly figure out what may have happened!

I got the computer up and running for everything, but now there is another problem. I want to uninstall and then reinstall 5.0.3 but it won’t let me. Underneath it says “prerequisite” and gives me an error code of IS-0009.
Also, when I went to attempt to download 5.0.3, it’s no longer in the registry, it is only offering 4.27.2, not even 5.1
Is there a problem with Unreal Engine?
And lastly, I received no email that my question had been addressed by you, something is definitely messed up.

May I see the library entry options for it? That is highly irregular.

Now it’s offering me the option to download 5.0.3 but as you can see, in the drop down that option is not available.
This is indeed very strange.

After clicking the install button on the library panel there it should show a prompt afterwards. Give it a shot and let me know what it does!

If it’s shutting off during shading compilation make sure you are 100% about it not being a heat issue. Shaders can overheat a cpu when a lot of other things would not.

Definitely not overheating, everything has been working perfectly for several months now, just had my tech run a full systems check, no overheating of any kind, Cyberpower 1500 working perfectly as well.

As you can see from the images, now I can download 5.1, but not 5.0.3, even though its available on the left there.
Are you sure this isn’t a problem with Unreal Engine? It’s either that or my motherboard or RTX3090 has got a glitch.
I really appreciate the time you’re taking with me here.

That is… odd. I’ve only seen prerequisites while it’s launching, but it’s giving a generic DirectX error. This error is rather common and there’s many possible fixes for it, but I think it’s likely incorrect if 5.1 can launch correctly. Nevertheless it’s always possible to treat the symptoms and make stuff work. I’ll ask a couple questions first then we’ll treat for symptoms after. (Since 5.1 is also DX12 default and if it runs, there’s something wrong with the installation for 5.03, if 5.1 doesn’t run and has the same error, the symptoms treating at the end will be the most effective.)

Is the dropdown for 5.03’s remove option grayed out or accessible?

If used, does it uninstall completely?

Treating for D3D error:

Run the launch arguments it recommends to start with a log running and you can see directly when it fails. That said you could pull the log it references and show me that. If the error shows any specific memory locations instead of a script locale, I’ve got a couple of threads I’ve solved that specific issue on before I’ll recommend here:

The post I link goes over the 99% of the time fixes, but there’s 1 at the bottom which helps out the outliers: