[Community Project] WIP Weather & Water Shader

Hi . is an amazing project, I am working on a prototype with boats and planes, and find the implementation fascinating. That said, apologies for the noob question but:

Is there any online documentation?

I am searching for a way to set the wave height and wind speed in the storm demo. Can they be changed dynamically? I want it to start slower and get more intense as the player goes deeper into the gameplay.

( edit: I tried editing the BP_Ocean in the scene, but that only changes the wave behavior for the moving objects in the scene, but not the being rendered it seemsā€¦ )

Thanks!

Are there plans to release a 4.11 compatible version? I know youā€™ve mentioned that it works with versions, but I mean compiled for official 4.11 release :slight_smile:

If so, any timeline for it?

Hey guys, loving plugin :smiley:
One quick question: Iā€™ve got a character setup with a breath timeline swimming using the buoyancy component. But when I try to dive down, Iā€™m fighting against my own buoyancy, so how can I change that during play? Iā€™d like it to be affected on World Z/remaining breath float.

The 4.11 version is what you see. Releases of the project dont co-incide with releases of the engine. 4.11 version is the source compiled with the shaders TK posted before I could get to them.

We are going to attempt to change over to FFT based waves weekend and will post it on so it can be merged in. Will try to keep gerstner as an option. Then kelvin wakes, bow-waves, etc.

When will be released on the marketplace?

It is free! :smiley:

Quick Question whatā€™s the best way to get the CurrentTime from BP_Sky? I try to cast to it, and it seems to always fail?

guys i need help, i tried to convert the project which the latest update was in unreal engine 4.10, i tried to convert it to 4.11 but it seemed to be impossible cause of an error, how are you guys gettin up with the project?

I just started trying to use and Iā€™m quite new to Unreal. When I try to pull the blueprint into my game, nothing happens. If I double click it to look at the actual blueprint, I get ā€œBlueprint could not be loaded because it derives from an invalid class. Check to make sure the parent class for blueprint hasnā€™t been removed!ā€

Could anyone give me some pointers on getting to work? Iā€™m in 4.11.

EDIT: I suppose Iā€™ll just work from the sample project, but it would be nice to know how one might integrate into an existing project.

Put source files in your source folder rename all instances of OceanProject to YOURPROJECTNAME everywhere filenames and in files.

Copy plugins folder.

compile.

Migrate the oceanexampe01 map

copy shaders posted by TK to /411/engine/shaders/ if desired

4.11 good to go.

Or you could just change engine versions with the version selector and let it recompile and copy the shaders TK posted to your /engine/shaders/ directory.

GetAllActorsOfAll(BP_Sky)
Array.Get(0)
if IsValid(BP_Sky) == true

BP_Sky -> BP_Sky.GetCurrentTime(whatever function takes/returns)

I have time compression and lat.longitude setup from the time and locatino setup, not that terribly hard. I cant post the BPā€™s if you really cant figure it out to blueprintue.com

I finally have a legitimate use for now and have come back to it after a long timeā€¦ looks like it has come along nicely. Got it implemented in a level, going to try to figure a way to mask / cull the plane when it goes under the landscape (some landscapes have lower inland ground) But water and underwater PP is nice!

:slight_smile:

Hi , I have a question, whats causing strange blur effect and how can I fix it? Seems like the area where the ship is isnā€™t affected by the blur effect but the rest is. Thanks in advance !

Could someone who has compiled for 4.11 upload it somewhere? I keep getting errors and after manually installing VS2015 didnā€™t seem to get me any farther. Iā€™d like to try it with the Steam VR community project, which is 4.11 onlyā€¦

Hi
Has anyone got a fix for these render artifacts that occur in the surrounding area/shadows of geometry? Iā€™m using 4.10.
Aside from small I love plug in, massive thanks to the creators for making it free :slight_smile:

Just turn up the SSR quality, that should fix it.

Thanks for the response. You were right that SSR was only set to 50% in the camera I was using. Turning it up to 100% quality hasnā€™t totally fixed the artifacts. Any other ideas?

SSR in UE4 isnā€™t that great even when the quality is turned up, and there are always artifacts. You might want to use a cubemap instead.

I switched off SSR on my camera and PP and enabled a cubemap in the skylight actor. Rebuilt the lighting. Same unfortunately.

Guys I have posted compiled binaries for 4.11 a page (or two) back.
ā€¦

Yeah SSR is super-not suitable for an , but we will finally have planar reflections in 4.12 so donā€™t worry too much about it right now :stuck_out_tongue:

@cosmicman
Thatā€™s from the Gausian DOFā€¦ you can either turn if off in the post proccess volume settings or you can copy and use the modified shaders from the ShaderFilesToCopy folder to your engineā€™s shader folder.