[Community Project] WIP Weather & Water Shader

Any plans on having buoyancy working on mobile with https://.com/ufna/VaOceanMobile ?

Thank for Your a hard work!!!
NEED add Character Swim Volume and Ship Swim Volume (Physics is different), and fish/animals a underwater ways Volumes(IS optional). And dead zones, instead glass wall.
Enjoy.

Here, try .
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/5d44/czwi7j46b94iuw6zg.jpg?size_id=5

Is there a list of what files/content are needed for just waves + buoyancy? I haven’t worked out how to put these waves into my current project.

I finally learned how the distorting are done with normals in the refraction, very clever. I need to figure out how to make a swirl distortion effect like in submarine movies when theyre behind the sub.

How do i install the plugin? I placed it into Game/plugin/ but he doesnt recognize it. I cant even add a Plugin under Plugins.

Its installed, you justneed the materials etc. unless your just using the buoyancy components. Do you have plugins/private/balh.cpp in your content browser (turn on plugin content and engine content in the display settings first)

That is unbelievable!!! Great!

Thank You.

I´m working on Storm right now.
That Will be like the Waves will move. The visual need much work, but the movement its ok now.
Just for reference, that is 2x2x2 meters.

nqA852gFc9c

the point is i migrated it into my project. i recompiled my project but the plugin doesnt show up, thats why i cant open the bp_ocean. am i missing any important thing?

Is it possible to create big waves like with the project provided from the post github link? i dont really care that much about shaders etc atm. I just want to try out the waves and i havent managed to get them like . I changed around in the settings on the in UE but never got the waves like . only small and really high.

Hi, I just downloaded last night and after playing around with it I was wondering what it would take to get the player to be able to swim on top of the water and float with the waves much like a boat or bouy does? Been monkeying with the bouyancy force component with no affect so far.

Got a fellow programmer working on possibly moving to FFT’s hes a math whiz, and then I’ll/we’ll look into foam vertex additon shaders etc. Sea-states may be a reality!

The brightness is really low. Hard to see anything :frowning:

Agreed BlueBudgie,

But, WIP 01 is stunning… absolutely STUNNING!

Thank You. “preview” scene I only recorded to send to my sound designers to give to they the idea of waht kind of sounds I will need.

Did you already see the Finalized WIP 1?

The goal is have visual with the movement of a storm waves.

Thanks a lot! is !

Good day! Tell me - is it possible to create a multi-level water system for the construction of river locks?

At the moment, the system does not allow you to add several water surfaces.

Those who have any ideas how could be done? Thank you in advance!

7bc284a43b1684da72723c25435d0a8985edd266.jpeg

Which finalized WIP1 do you mean?

I really like the wave visuals. Especially the foam around the rock. There is another pack in the marketplace section that has optimized buoyancy (https://.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?69070-WIP-Physical–Surface-Developing-a-Realistic-Water-Shader). and your work joined in one would be amazing.
It would be really tempting to build a physics based Vikinger/Pirate themed game where you can construct your own ships and see how they steer and do in battle and so on with physics based buoyancy acting on each part of the ship that you constructed. Something with nordic, dark-ish, rough sea like the Undvik section in Witcher 3. We could even use many assets from our current game that actually features islands for a good jumpstart. is really tempting!

Very interesting idea Korablev I have a new idea for my game at the panama canal now, I’ll have to think about that.

I have a basic map setup with zooming/panning that tracks a ship pawn (set in your player controler) movement well, anyone that wants it can grab it. I finally watched the twitch stream on refraction so gonna play round to try to get my water distortion effect a la The Hunt For red October when a submarines screw (propeller) creates distortion behind it.

Edit; Any imporvements you guys make should be released for a merge into the branch from a fork even if its simplified as payback to tk, dcs and hk hard work. I fully intend to.