[Community Project] WIP Weather & Water Shader

Scratch my last post, I figured it out. I had to add the PP_underwater blendable to my global PP volume.

On another note, would you like some help making a more detailed readme or separate FAQ for the next revision? I’d love to help out, but can’t really be much use writing shaders, so I figure a more detailed readme with basic troubleshooting could save you guys time to focus on other issues. Lemme know,

I remaking all to fetch my needs. I really need to thank you. is my results so far. Also, I´m working directly with the Randkor tips.

Looks pretty good, keep it up :slight_smile:
How many waves is that btw?

Just eight gerstner waves.

Looks really nice! Are you doing that in 4.11.1?

Me or the Official Project? If its for me is Yes.

Guys when the support 4.11.1? Or somebody would DLL files? :slight_smile:

Just recompile it works without any depreciated member functions or anything. Just the shaders need updating which is on my to-do list.

I just tried it with 4.11.1 and it worked right away. I didn’t bother with the shaders that need to be updated and no problems. I noticed that if you strafe perpendicular to the direction of the waves, the foam jumps around. I was also wondering why the sound of the surf is seaward to the viewer, rather than from the shore.

It is impossible to compile

2016-04-13_20-33-13.png

2016-04-13_20-28-36.png

You need visual studio 2015 to compile ofc :stuck_out_tongue: the engine can’t do that.

Anyways, I will upload a zip with the compiled binaries later for those who don’t want to mess with that.

Delete the build, intermediate and saved folder and try. If you still have issues, remember to check if the “Common Tools for Visual C++ 2015” also are installed. I had earlier today, and after adding the “Common Tools for Visual C++ 2015” I was able to compile it.

After updating to UE 4.11.1, the water is missing when I compile it. I tried on two different computers, and the problem happens on both computers. Water works fine in editor.

The water works in my minimap, but not where it should be.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Are you on 4.11 or 4.10 some shaders need to be changed for 4.10 but shouldnt affect your water. What OS and specs are you on? (SM5?) Read around the thread about missing and black water, common problem.

Any on sharing your setup for the minimap? :smiley: thats what I need for my tech demo.

Here are the compiled binaries and .usf for 4.11

@Woober
I’m not sure what is happening there, does only happens in a packaged build?

Now I’m using UE 4.11 and Windows 10. Had no issues with in 4.10. But seems like it could be an with VS 2015, as I run one without any updates and on my other PC I use VS2015 with update 2.

Minimap is just a camera actor, with setup:

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Yeah, its only happens with the packaged build. I’m suspecting it could be something with the VS 2015, but I havent been able to pinpoint what that could be yet!

the problem is due to trueSKY. I have the same problem. How to solve I do not know yet

I was also thinking that, I’ll forward problem to Roderick and see if he has any idea :slight_smile:

Hi!

I was wondering if any progress has been made on supporting DoF Bokeh post processing? My application is quite reliant on both water shader as well as the Bokeh post processing effect. Guassian blur just doesn’t look that good :slight_smile: