CommonUI is preventing me from gathering text

I’m having such a weird issue, CommonUI is blocking me from translating my project.

When using the Localization tool and pressing on Gather Text, it never finishes searching for text and a weird error appears at the bottom of the log

[2023.09.13-21.49.01:808][ 0]LogAudio: Display: Registering Engine Module Parameter Interfaces…
[2023.09.13-21.49.02:091][ 0]LogUObjectGlobals: Warning: Failed to load ‘/CommonUI/VideoPlayerMaterial’: Can’t find file.
[2023.09.13-21.49.02:091][ 0]LogUObjectGlobals: Warning: Failed to load ‘/CommonUI/VideoPlayerMaterial’: Can’t find file.
[2023.09.13-21.49.02:091][ 0]LogUObjectGlobals: Warning: Failed to find object ‘Material /CommonUI/VideoPlayerMaterial.VideoPlayerMaterial’
[2023.09.13-21.49.02:091][ 0]Error: CDO Constructor (CommonVideoPlayer): Failed to find /CommonUI/VideoPlayerMaterial

[2023.09.13-21.49.02:091][ 0]LogUObjectBase: Warning: -------------- Default Property warnings and errors:
[2023.09.13-21.49.02:091][ 0]LogUObjectBase: Warning: Error: CDO Constructor (CommonVideoPlayer): Failed to find /CommonUI/VideoPlayerMaterial

It prevents the Gather Text from finishing, thus it can’t find any text. I tried the same on another project with CommonUI enabled, same error, then i disabled it and it worked, Gather Text found all the texts from that test project.

Why would a missing Material matter for gathering text? Anyone knows a fix to this? I’m Currently using 5.2.1.

Error: CDO Constructor (CommonVideoPlayer): Failed to find /CommonUI/VideoPlayerMaterial

Looks like they accidentally removed the required assets from CommonUI plugin (or engine package logic is broken, or whatever). Those files does present in earlier versions of CommonUI (at least for me), so probably you can get them there.

Just in case, assets from my 5.0.3 engine

VideoPlayerMaterial.uasset (7.8 KB)
DefaultMediaTexture.uasset (2.2 KB)
GenericInputActionDataTable.uasset (78.6 KB)
GenericInputData.uasset (6.2 KB)

Supposed to be placed in Engine/Plugins/CommonUI/Content

Another option is to delete Engine/Plugins/CommonUI completely, if you sure you’ll never need the CommonUI anymore. Or just disable the plugin, yes

Why would a missing Material matter for gathering text?

as for that, it seems that this(and some others) operation result is evaluated by parsing log. And any error in this log will be counted as operation failure, even though it’s a completely unrelated error.