[COMING SOON] RPG Template

BRO PLEASE do this I will love you for ever:)

If this really is an RPG framework all-in-one functional, sure I’ll want to also book one for me. I hope it’s all in Blueprint, because C ++ is a black box for me and depends on the Visual C ++, which I do not have and do not intend to initially use it on my first project in Unreal 4

The only thing does not saw in his description is option to save the player’s progress. How do you know which are the principal variables used, can be interesting integrate a simple save-game with atual player level, current XP gathered, character customization, stats, spells earned, inventory with examplified items colected, Quests completed, chekpoint or last location for player respawn, etc.

About MMORPG think this is something that can be postponed for now.

Gameplay saving is handled via C++ right now in the project but I’m working on converting it to blueprints. I’m going to add a short video today about my project just showcasing some of the features.

Hey LunyBunny,

I’ll be including both in the project so you can just use what you’re comfortable with. Glad to see everyone so excited about the project.

EDIT: For everyone else, I’m uploading the video to Youtube. I’ll be showing off more quite soon, probably next week. The Action RPG template will be done soon I hope.

Hey Everyone,

Some things came up so I’m a bit behind on the feature list. I’ll be updating soon.

This is a good alternative :3 i keep it up in my mind! thx for the work c.c

i really want this lol

quest and skill tree would be perfect additions

That square located in the upper right corner is an intention to include a minimap?

When we can see it in the marketplace?

This looks promising:)

For how much you are planning selling it?

Hey lunnyBunny,

The minimap functionality currently works and is slated for my next video which I hope to release in the next couple of days. I’m not sure but I plan on submitting it to the marketplace in about another 2 weeks or so. I have a pretty big backlog for some of the more advanced features that I plan on finishing before I submit. The price is currently undetermined. I’m looking at a way to get it in the hands of users earlier, but I’m not sure how I’d do that while keeping it up to date.

Great to hear you’ll include C++ source.
I love blueprints but building an entire and possibly complex game using blueprints will be a mess and I have a feeling real, handmade code will perform better, too.
Looking forward to new information about your project.

Both have decent performace, but the C++ is obviously faster (by a factor of 10x). A lot of people don’t need to eek out the extra performance and blueprints are easier to understand for them. That’s why I’m including both. I don’t know yet if Epic will let me include the C++ as well so I need to ask.

Also I’d like to add that I’ll be submitting to Epic some time late next week. The initial release will only include the Action RPG components and the Turn Based RPG components, and the additional components in red. Everything else can be expected in a post release patch in approximately 1-2 months after the product launches on the Marketplace. I’ll be announcing pricing soon, after I’ve done some more research on what a competitive price would be.

factor of 10!!! srs that i a lot O.o wow i didnt expect it that much faster! That let me rethink… :c

Hey Kanizitas,

The project includes both C++ and Blueprints. Just use whichever you feel is more suited for your project. In a lot of cases, the game thread is not bogged down by the character class anyways, so complex blueprints are not really a problem. However, in static platforms, where you’re trying to get the best performance, C++ will always provide a much better performance compared to blueprints. I don’t want to deter you from using blueprints for your project. C++ classes can also have blueprints within them, so you can still use blueprints in my C++ character classes.

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick update. At the request of some users, I will be providing the Template early. The final price of the template will be $89.99. As a thanks to anyone who purchases early, I will be selling for $10 off on my Sellfy link until the template has been submitted. The Sellfy link will be provided later today, once I’ve removed assets from other content packs (particle effects basically).

What will the early release contain?

Action RPG

Damage Calculation
Awarding EXP
Leveling Up
Dialogue System
Applying Damage
Skills and Magic
Status Screen
Enemy AI
Ally AI
Item Usage
Item and Inventory Management
Inventory Widget

Anyone who buys through the Sellfy link will get the earliest updates as well, since it doesn’t have to go through Epic’s approval process.

As in another projects “Floating Combat Text Widget” can be a big and interesting differential in your project. The kind that when player pawn fires damage hits in diferent parts of the enemy pawns, this enemy spawns in a cascading style different XP amounts, a quantity for each hit section. Or even those texts over the head as life bars, enemy’s name and level that appear when player is close or point your weapon or any raycasting to them.

Hey lunyBunny,

I’ll add that into my backlog. I already have floating widgets for health and Damage. I’m doing an early release quite soon.

The Sellfy link is now available. Check the main post.

Hello :slight_smile:

Certainly your kit is very complete with all capabilities that you intends to developing, will you have a lot of people interested. Is a suggestion, You could also produce some videos to youtube demonstrating various aspects already implemented in addition to the magic attack such as Enemy AI; Ally AI; Dialogue System; Item Usage; Inventory management; Widget and Leveling UP.

It would be a enjoyment to see these things running.

So, the other RPG sample is not very good documentated at this state… and has stuff in it wich i dont need. So, this is now the new high spot to me.

The guy above me says all the rest. And now: get to work :3

All we need is a small working Demo project will all functionality used, if we cannot learn and utilize it from there, then a video is not going to help much anyway.