Collision Object Channel doesn't get overlap event

Hello everyone,
I’m having a problem with a Custom Collision Object Channel. I have set a new object channel in edito, I have checked the correspondent ECC_TraceChannel in DefaultEngine.ini and i have defined my macros referring to the trace channel in my .h file. I’m setting an Overlap response in SetCollisionResponseToChannel to this channel and in editor I’m changing the desired objects (walls in my case) to custom object type. When the character overlaps to these objects nothing happens, if I revert my code and the object to overlap as ECC_WorldStatic the overlap is triggered. For testing I have tried to set via code the object type of my pawn components to my custom one to see if the reference macros-custom trace channel is working. In editor I can see that the pawn components are of the right custom collision channel.

Since I don’t have and I don’t need a custom class for these objects I would like to know what I’m missing in order to set all these walls in a precise custom object type channel and trigger an overlap event through C++.

Thank you

I can’t get custom collision channels to work either…

it seems you have done every thing except adding UFUNCTION() Macro to the function which is responsible to detect overlaps. you might have named it onBeginOverLap

Thanks for the reply.

The collision channel were set properly, the problem turned out to be something else.

You should post the answer for anyone finding this thread in the future.

1 Like

very helpful :roll_eyes: