Code sign on Mac OS

Hey there,

For the past couple of days I’ve been searching for clues as to how are we meant to code sign Mac OS apps when packaging with UE4?

I have my certificates set up in xCode, and packaging from the editor using the project launcher which seems to ignore any xCode settings. I’m also aware there are slots to put in our certificates under Project Settings/IOS but it won’t take my Mac Development certificate.

My next guess would be to package directly from xCode but I have no idea how to set this up, and I couldn’t find much info on this.

Same problem here. Have you found a solution? Unreal uses their own build tool. So probably we have to sign manually.

Would also like to know this. Currently trying to do it using the command line which I cannot get to work.

As far as I can tell the directory structure required for the executable to work is not compatible with that required by Apple’s spec for a verifiable application [see Technical Note TN2206: macOS Code Signing In Depth].

Another similar question here with no answers Codesigning/Notarization Problem with UE 4.22.3 - Mobile Development - Unreal Engine Forums

I was able to sign the packaged app. needed to sign the libs from inside out. Just send the app to notarization from Apple. Then you get a document back with all the libs you need to sign.