Cloth collision bug/problem (spins around like crazy) and cloth falling apart

Hello, I’m having an issue where the clothing for Shinbi (a paragon character) goes crazy and starts spinning insanely fast. This error stops when de-activating self collisions, however, I need the cloth to collide with the player.

(In the second video you can see it’s all fine until the cloth touches the character.) And apart from being unplayable, it heavily affects performance, even with self collisions turned off.

I’ve tried to rebuild asset parameter masks and although not sure what it does, it improved, but the issue is still there. I’ve also tried to remove clothing data and add it again but nothing changed. Naturally, I’ve tried duplicating the skeletal mesh and deleting and building the clothing data. And that kind of solved the problem, performance issues where fine, but now the cloth partially fell apart (the border of the fabric).

And even worse, when activating self collisions, UE starts getting really slow. And if you increase the collision thickness to 15 (the original value for the shinbi character) it crashes.

And the weirdest part is that the shinbi character having the same collision settings, apart from having the crazy spinning cloth, it works, or at least doesn’t crash. Please, I need help. I’m a complete noob in clothing and I don’t know how to fix this. It would be great by just fixing the cloth falling apart and crashing with self collision, I don’t need to solve the crazy spinning cloth issue from the original character, just these ones from the re-built clothing character. And also, does self collision affect that badly performance? Most games have this type of collision.

Update: I’ve tried another paragon character, TwinBlast, and it works fine, without bugs, however self collsions don’t work at all. When turned on nothing happens, except that by putting a higher value for self collision thickness makes the same crazy cloth bug. And I noticed the name of the cloth is TwinBlast_Apex, but I don’t know the meaning of apex

In clothing tab, try to disable, “Use Self Collisions” in Collision Properties, it’s works for me.
Sem título

I’m new to this too and stumble on the same issue. I did a little research and changed the Self collision thickness value. I used Shinbi_Shadow_Cyl to avoid intersection with body on the screenshot.