Close shadows are not visible on stationnary models

Hi guys,

I have a shadow problem on my phone (Mi Note6 - using the android Low setting). No problem when testing on PC via the play button (even with Mobile Preview ES3.1) or when testing on a more recent phone.

As you can see, it looks like only the shadows of stationary model parts above a certain height are visible.
When the camera gets closer to the object, the problem is attenuating (I mean, it’s far from good but at least it’s attenuating :stuck_out_tongue: )
Here’s how it looks on pc (like it should look :D) :

Buildings need to be stationary as they will evolve and therefore cast a different shadow.

There is only two lights in the scene, one directional (I think all the important infos are visible on the image below) :

and one skylight (static with SLS Specified Cubemap)

Only things I changed in the Android Low settings are these :
I tried changing Material quality level to like 2 but the problem still occurs.

I tried many things but I don’t get where the problem is coming from. And again it works perfect on PC or newer phone so it’s probably not from the lighting.

Thanks

Ok, so more infos on this =)
The problem comes from the aspect ratio of the camera.
I want to change i based on the resolution of the device it is played on so I don’t render parts that are not visible (I have a top and bottom bars that hide the view kind of like the red parts on this screen :

So, if I can avoid the camera to render these pixels that will be hidden by the UI that’s better for performances.

But as I said, I noticed that if I change the aspect ratio of the camera, the problem becomes more or less visible.
Any idea how to avoid that weird behavior ?

Btw, is there a way to modify the title of the thread (because I know the problem comes from the aspect ratio, so it may help people later if we find a solution).

I believe there’s mobile specific cascade shadow settings.