Client authoritative not really client authoritative?

I’ve got a character blueprint that is completely plain. The only code in it is the code in the screenshot below.

I’m setting bIgnoreClientMovementErrorChecksAndCorrection to true, and I’m also setting bServerAcceptClientAuthoritativePosition to true. My understanding is that with those checked, the client should be fully authoritative in its location. But I’ve got to me missing something because it seems the client is only partially authoritative.

What I expect to see is that the character moves upward at the same rate in standalone as it does as a network client. In reality, the character moves upward at a different rate in multiplayer (dedicated server client) than it does in standalone. In standalone, the character moves up at a decently fast rate. When running as a dedicated server client, the character moves up very slowly.

This issue only shows up when unchecking “Run Under One Process” in the multiplayer editor preferences, or when publishing the game and running it on an actual dedicated server.

The difference in the frame rate of the server and the frame rate of the client seems to play into what’s going on here. If I set the server’s max frame rate to 30 and the client’s max frame rate to 120, the issue shows itself. If I set both server and client’s max frame rate to 120, the issue does not show itself.

Any ideas? This has been driving me nuts.

1 Like

Same