Right after the release of my Classic TopDown Fog of War I am able to announce my latest pack: Classic RTS Fog of War!
Now available on the marketplace!
Classic tile-based Fog of War system combining a dark fog representing undiscovered area and a bright fog representing currently hidden area. The full system is entirely implemented in Blueprints. Both types of fog are projected onto the ground using a PostProcess material. This system is designed to have the same performance on small as well as on very large maps. Line of sight vision allows the creation of maps with strategic advantageous positions. Last known location of actors (e.g. buildings) can be remembered even if the actor moved or is destroyed.
This system is designed for RTS, MOBA and similar multiplayer games with many actors over multiple ground areas with individual height. Multiple options how the vision of an actor is calculated are available. So the impact on performance for actors like flying units, buildings and rarely moving units can be minimized.
- Number of Blueprints: 13
- 1 Actor calculating how both types of fog have to be drawn.
- 1 PostProcess Material drawing both types of fog.
- 1 Component controlling if an actor should hide in the fog and if its last known location should be remembered.
- 1 Component controlling if and how an actor should have vision.
- Precomputed tile-based heightmap easily created by placing and scaling an actor.
- Tiles are only loaded and drawn within an area visible to the camera.
- Detailed tutorials guiding you how the systems works and how you can easily implement it into your game.
- Intended Platform: PC
- Platforms tested: Windows