Classic FPS movement pack

Hey morbidipus,
For those w/ GS I actually have a separate blueprint solution that people can drop in for that (if they own both), so I could have saved you some work. :slight_smile:

There are a few quirks you may encounter in copying it overā€¦specifically a few buried default variable values you want to make sure match, but it sounds like you may have got it working yourself so good job. :slight_smile:

Feel free to pm me if you want to try the drop-in solution.

Any news on the surfing solution?

From going down the surfing path unfortunately I donā€™t think a multiplayer solution is ultimately possible in 100% blueprint that would work in latency environment. Single player might still be achievable via blueprint but it will require a number of hacks on top of the air control framework in my pack to make it work, and then Iā€™m not sure how correct you will be able to make it feel. When I was pursuing this it became apparent the way the engine handles certain accelerations against inclined surfaces made surfing a non-starter for multiplayer blueprint.

Sweet! no need to worry about crappy movement anymore, thank you. Any ETA on multiplayer crouch jumping?

All the love.

just to let folks know as Iā€™ve got a few questions on this- I tested and the blueprint works with the latest 4.12.5 release without any issue.

Thank you sir! I just bought the pack. I am looking forward to playing around with it, and any future updates!

I like to use my mouse wheel down to jump when bunny hopping, and after binding it to jump I noticed that the jump sound would play but the character would not actually jump. After a little research I found that the mouse wheel up and down functions were considered pressed and released in the same tick, so it would start and end the jump at the same time. I am not sure if this is the best fix, but my solution was to add a very small delay after InputAction Jump released. This seems to have fixed the problem, and so far I have not noticed any adverse effects.

SuLoMzK.png

Sorry Iā€™m new on these forums and canā€™t find an option to PM you; Would I be able to grab this off of you please?

hey hydrolist, sorry I didnā€™t see this earlier- if youā€™re running 4.14 I think thereā€™s going to be a new Generic shooter release soon for that, so once that drops I can re-integrate it for you.

Wow man cool, Thatā€™d be great thanks :slight_smile: Iā€™ll keep active on these forums.

Lovely, this is good news, canā€™t wait. Big Thanks!

If I was to buy this code, would I be able to use it commercially for something like publishing to Steam?

Also, has anyone tested it for v4.14.x?

Hey, sorry Iā€™m not checking this forum as much- it should work for v4.14 out of the box. If you do run into any issue let me know, but others havenā€™t had issues since 4.14 dropped.

Hey , i sent you a private message and email about integration for genericshooter and classicfps movement with proof of purchase of both, its been a couple days with no response, you around ?

Hmm Iā€™m glad this got a bump because I totally missed it and it looks sick! Nice work!

@apoisonedgift : its pretty good, im just chasing support now :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey termiter,
The integration with generic shooter pack has to be completely redone everytime they release a new version because of the way they have to integrate. I have previous versions of the combined pack prior to GS 4.13, but starting with 4.13 I had held off a new integration package thinking they would update to 4.14 or 4.15 because it is a good deal of effort, but it seems like they are not updating GS? It seems like I just need bite the bullet and do integration w/ 4.13 then.

Picked this up myself for use later on :slight_smile: Gonna save me a hell of a lot of time! Only spent a few minutes running around and a very brief glance over the blueprints - all looks good and in order. Nice work :slight_smile:

Just getting back into using unreal purchased this awhile ago. Is it updated for 4.15?

previous version still drops into 4.15, but iā€™ll also be rolling out an update soon- I was able to greatly improve the amount of air control possible in the multiplayer implementation by changing how I was feeding in values from the air accel algorithm.