Classic FPS movement pack

Hello! very cool blueprint.

I have one question (before buying if work): It’s possible to use in it in UT4 alpha? Can you make a video to show it please?

Chears

Not sure how active this is still but I do have a bug to bring up. Currently if you jump going up into a ramp and completely let go of all control (no buttons pressed) your character continues to slide in what direction you had momentum. Overall while playing with this blueprint for a couple of months this is the only bug I have run into. Love this blueprint and hope to hear back soon!

thanks to answer

Have to try it in UT4 too?
To have a mix of quake/UT/CPMA

Hi Roach,
You may be experiencing the ramp slide mechanic here. There is a “rampslide threshold factor” that basically allows you to glide up ramps of a certain angle if you exceed a multiple of walk speed (depending on the setting). This movement originated from a bug in goldsource and source games that created for some fun gameplay, so some people enjoy it. If you increase the “rampslide threshold factor” to something ridiculous then you should not slide on ramps at all. Let me know if you are experiencing it after upping the threshold, but I should probably add a simple disable option in next release.

This is a purchase I definitely didn’t suffer any buyers remorse on. Out of the box, works like a charm and helped me wrap my head around some mechanics that I couldn’t even begin to comprehend on how they worked.

Side note, I seen Tribes skiing on your trello and I was wondering if you’ve worked that out at all. I have a “working” if you want to call it that version coupled up with a wall run, but I feel like my approach for skiing is lacking finesse.

Thanks Arixsus, glad it helped you :slight_smile:
Note I’ll have a small update soon which includes a fix (very simple swapping of a few nodes) for a multiplayer bug another user found.

Regarding the skiing, I was trying to implement surfing first (ala counterstrike/TF2) but I ran into numerous roadblocks to make it work in blueprint. The skiing I think is a lot more straightforward to implement but it’s kind of on the backburner as really I haven’t gotten any requests to do it.

So right now I don’t have plans to do it because I haven’t seen the interest, but if you wanted any feedback on your skiing implementation and maybe how to improve it feel free to drop me a pm, hopefully I could offer pointers to help. :slight_smile:

Haha perfect! I feel embarassed now! Thanks!

Hey, I was wondering if with this it would be possible to replicate the same movement style in the CoD4 mod: Promod. Like, completely replicate it, not just similar.

Here’s an example of an in-game match:

No bobbing, movement is fluid and clean. There’s a few nuances unique to the game. Fall damage causes your run to reset so you can run longer and produces a slight sliding effect. You can bounce on certain things to again get a slight boost and reset the run so you don’t slow down. When strafing you get a speed increase across the air. Landing on the ground without damaging (i.e. when jumping normally at max jump height whilst running) causes a slow down.

Here’s a good example and you see some of the movement available in the first minute of the video:

(you can see the slow down effect when you fall at low enough height that it does not cause fall damage in the first 10 seconds).

Possible to attain with your kit + perhaps a bit of editing from someone else?

Would love to know if it’s possible, thanks! :slight_smile:

heh, You are not alone. I was just about to ask for the same thing. Thx .

I don’t know exactly how the strafing is handled in CoD, but that would be the trickiest aspect to replicate exactly. You’d need to understand the math behind it to get the right feel (unless its the same control wise as default UE4 air control?)

My movement pack is really centered around goldsrc/quake/source physics, and some of those movement aspects may have some similarities but do not directly translate to CoD4. So in reality you could use my pack as a starting point for understanding some of the logic of how to go about implementing a movement system via blueprint, but to implement CoD4 promod movement it would require a more than ‘a bit of editing’ of my pack. :slight_smile:

Most likely you would borrow some concepts but otherwise be building your system from the ground up, but I don’t think that should intimidate anyone. The nice thing about blueprints is it is quite easy to jump right in and tackle the problems one by one and instantly see the results of your approach, so if you’re up for learning I’d say give it a shot.

I really hope you are going to add surf!

Yes, it is a nice mechanic.

FYI I just tested and the existing package still works with the latest release 4.11

How would you go about replicating the movement of Quake 3 Arena?

will this be released to the marketplace?

Axxi,
I applied to the official marketplace a long time ago, and it was a terrible experience to be honest. After a tremendous amount of work I put into this, all I got was a dismissive canned response, and I could not get any actual human reply from marketplace team when I challenged their conclusions (which have been shown to be completely off the mark- they aren’t familiar with the demand for this movement). The basis of dismissal was that they concluded there was not enough interest in my pack…yet at that point I had tons of testimonials and enthusiasm showing it’s the complete opposite, and even many months later I continue to be amazed by how much continued interest and sales I get through no other presence than here.

Despite that I never got a reply from my rebuttal to marketplace team’s judgement…so I guess I’m still working to give it another shot on official marketplace - hopefully they have improved their process- but in the meantime it has worked out okay.

lol and they accept this Day Cycle in Blueprints - UE Marketplace

lmao this project is a gem, they sure would like to have it in their marketplace.

Yes! finally I found it! That’s what I need for my game project: <3

I am going to buy it in few days with big freaking smile on my face :smiley:

just got this yesterday from sellfy and was able to a add to latest generic shooter (4.11) - just took me an hour or so to copy it over into the bp character player. Tested locally and it looks great! now to find time to tinker with the settings. Awesome work!