Cinematic Sequence Device not working anymore after 1st round

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Devices

Summary

When i star my session my cinematic sequence device works fine, but after the 1st round it stop working. It happend after the latest fortnite update i tried even doing a private session but nothing changed

Steps to Reproduce

make a cinematic sequence and start the session

Expected Result

after the 1st round you wont see the cinematics that you made

Observed Result

cinematic not showing

Platform(s)

PC

I have the exact same issue, although it’s worth noting that it’s not always functional during the first round, but rather the first round after initially loading the project or pushing changes. I tried replicating the bug in another project, even copy-and-pasting assets and scripts but had no luck. It seems it’s project-specific, my guess is that it has to do with the port to v29.0, but the project I tried recreating the bug in was originally made at the exact same time as my broken project, so I have no idea.

7 Likes

The status of UCB-1348 incident has been moved from ‘Awaiting Validation’ to ‘Needs Triage’.

7 Likes

I have the same issue, everything was working fine before the new season update but since then, my cinematics only works the first time I launch my session, its not about first round I think.

7 Likes

Having this issue as well.
It doesn’t affect all Cinematic Devices equally, so it’s hard to replicate. What’s more confusing, Cinematics that are not working will sometimes function again after several rounds have passed (but only for one round).

5 Likes

Also having this issue:

Just tested some rounds in my map

All Cinematic Sequence Devices work correctly on round 1
They DO NOT work on rounds 2,3,4
They WORK on round 5
They DO NOT work on rounds 6,7,8
They WORK on round 9
They DO NOT work on rounds 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
They WORK on round 16

It seems totally random whether or not the devices will work.

5 Likes

Also having this issue!

6 Likes

Also running into this

5 Likes

Hope they fix it as soon as possible

6 Likes

Yes!! I’ve been having this issue too, I thought I was going crazy! Completely breaks all cinematic sequences on random rounds, I really hope they fix this ASAP.

3 Likes

Same issue, hope it gets fixed as this makes development incredibly hard and breaks a ton of existing maps.

3 Likes

Confirm that I’m getting this same issue too :sob: :sob:.

Many of my game start cutscene shots randomly doesn’t work, there’s also weird case where the cinematic that moves mesh works works fine but the mesh’s colliders didn’t get updated. All these things work fine on 1st round, but broke on 2nd+ round.

3 Likes

I’ll throw my hat in the ring with everyone else - works on round 1, doesn’t run on 2, 3, or 4.

I was using the cinematic sequence device to animate props in my island each round. For this, I was able to work around by writing a custom animation script in Verse. If you haven’t used Verse, don’t worry. There are some good tutorials out there that spell it out.

I also have an intro cinematic using a camera. I reworked thing so it only runs at the beginning of the first round. Not sure if there’s a way to use verse to get around it. But at least I have things functional again and I’m back on track…

1 Like

Same issue with cinematic after 1st round

FYI, This issue also happens after pushing changes, ending game, and starting the game again without pushing changes. I guess it counts as different rounds.

2 Likes

It is this bug, and the players being put at the wrong spawners after death and not being given items that is holding me back from releasing my game…

Just want to add that I have custom doors on a cinematic. They work by pressing an invisible button. Start of game they work fine. However, at some point the door will open, but the player can no longer walk through the opening. The game is acting like the door was never opened even though you can see that it has. Player is blocked by the seemingly invisible area created with the opening. The doors are all static meshes.

Can confirm I’m having the same issue. People are quitting our maps because the animations are broken, this is terrible for creators whose map mechanics rely on cinematics

I really hope this is fixed soon, the amount of released and currently in progress maps this breaks is staggering.