[4.8.3 binary] When I create a copy of a level map using Right Click > Duplicate; ChildActor components appears twice (duplicated) in the new level map created that should be identical.
I have isolated this bug so you can replicate using clean new project with 2D sidescroller template:
- Create a new simple blueprint with a PeperSprite component, and set any sprite. Named TMySprite.
- Create a second blueprint (TSomething) and add a ChildActor component, setting class to TMySprite.
- Place TSomething in empy level ( NewLevel ). Until now everything fine.
- In content browser duplicate NewLevel to clone this map using Right Click > Duplicate.
- Open the level copy NewLevel2. Now a second TMySprite appears as Child of TSomething.
In more complex project this issue is very annoying, the only workaround I have found is to fix manually every problematic blueprint, after duplicating my maps. I have to re-place this blueprint and delete duplicated child actors.
I’m sure this is a bug, if not, please tell me what I’m doing wrong.