This pack includes a fully functional ambient/bounce lighting system meant as a cheap replacement for point lights. It offers a good cheap way for designers/artists to light out their environments and add some good ambient/bounce lighting using a system that works very much like regular unshadowed point lights without some of the issues point lights bring with them.
- Ambient Lights can overlap as many times as needed with zero additional performance costs.
- Ambient Lights can be any size and effect extremely large areas or very heavily detailed areas with zero additional costs.
- Ambient Lights are fully dynamic and can be updated in real time in game.
- Unlike point lights, the ambient lights will not create bright points in reflections.
- Built in tools allow designers to automatically replace point light actors with Ambient Lights, automatically copying all settings over.
- Ambient Lights also support ambient occlusion and subsurface scattering.
- Ambient lights properly occlude and only render while on screen.
- Lights provide the ability to toggle to a lower quality light mode when far away making the lights cost around half as much while in the distance.
- GI features dynamically capture environment around them as well as color hue settings for full customization.
- Full performance tweaking for GI features.
Documentation:](Ambient Lighting Documentation - Google Docs)