<Chasing the Sun>

[Chasing the Sun](video link)

Student Submission: Yes

Credits to sourced content:

Sci-fi Port Environment

insert screenshot of your project (in editor)

Edit viewport:

Optional

• Description
    Humans may hate technology, but they are still using technology to pursue the stars.
    Big eye with CROSS

Render color space in ACES(Movie Render Queue Open color IO), so the video’s color looks little different with the viewport.

Hopes you like it!

16 Likes

Greetings @CainRoyce_1 !

This is a very interesting cinematic. If you didn’t have to worry about copyright strikes on YT, I would have set your cinematic to Soundgarden’s “Black Hole Sun”.

From what I could see, the marked pod is a special one. I didn’t see any other pods with similar marks or marks at all. The scene looks very dystopian…or it may be a rogue planet moving toward a dying star, and the last remaining survivors are ejecting themselves into a safe orbit before being swallowed by the black hole. The sun looks like it has reached an event horizon.

Thank you so much for your submission! What is your inspiration for this project? What specific lighting aspects are you boasting in your cinematic?

Very happy to get your review!
This is a short clip of an animated film I created personally. The animation tells the story behind the destruction of the earth from the different perspectives of boys and robots.
This is the trailer of the animation film, hope you like it! 新怪谈What They Say.

Lumen is the best and easiest way to lighting!
I set cold color Exponential Height Fog in the background and warm fake smoke in the foreground to enhance the sense of space.
Also I use the Anamorphic lens to fake anamorphic depth of field and BOKEH, so it looks different with the cinematic camera.

(By the way, I don’t know how to embed the Youtube video in my post, I copy the whole Code from the youtube website but it seems doesn’t work.)

1 Like

Hi cool stuff ! How did you managed to get the sound integrated inside the render queue? The Master Audio Submix, doesn’t seems to integrated the sounds inside the AVI! does it mean you was obliged to use another software than UE5?

Yep I need to use Premiere to make soundtrack involve in this video :smiling_face_with_tear:
I’ve check the rules about this and found that post-production isn’t permitted…
So I have to repost this video in “silence” version. :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear:

OK CainRoyce! I was unsure and trying to plan how I should also upload mine ^^ I will also export the video without sound and maybe add a file with avi sound for those who would like to test the environment with it :wink:

1 Like

Yes! I’m deciding to do this!

This looks awsome.
This movie looks like 2001: A Space Odyssey and Twister have a baby on the Death Star :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Wow, this is super impressive work! I like how your brain works, creating something like this isn’t something many people can pull off. Hats off to you!

It is an honor to have your appreciation! I hope my immature creations can bring everyone more inspiration!

1 Like

帅啊兄弟

1 Like

谢老哥支持! :face_with_peeking_eye: