Character's Capsule Component replication On or Off?

Hello!

Recently while trying to figure out multiplayer in UE4 (once again) I saw that my character (ball) as a client on Listen Server is rubberbanding very hard (here’s an example I found on the internet - mine is just like that) even on small additions of latency using net pktlag. I went to check Capsule Component and saw that it was set to “Replicate component”, while the default arrow thing was there meaning it’s not on by default.

My question : When I set the Capsule Component “Replicate component” to off I get very smooth movement on client even on big pings, and on server and other clients that ball is moving after a small delay. When a collision between 2 balls happens the reaction is delayed, but playable on 50-75 ping which is my target - the client with high ping after collision gets corrected by server to where he should be “sent” by impact instead of where he went. Is this the only thing that happens? Will nothing else break? I’d rather have high ping players at a “disadvantage” of small delay on their screen and getting hit in the back when they were already behind the corner than have players with 5-15 ping rubberbanding forward and back as server tries to correct all of their movement. I didn’t change any network smoothing settings from the default. Thank you!

1 Like

nobody can answer this?