Character cosmetic options in the guard spawner

In the guard spawner there is an option called “Custom character” which when enabled allows you to paste custom file paths in to the skin you want to be used for the NPC’s. However when you do so you will see the skin show up in the editor but when you try to push changes it will say disallowed object. I am wondering what this option is for as we basically can’t use it without getting error messages, and if this option will become a valid one in the future?

Up on this because I am trying to figure this out as well!

@DionPowder Thank you for your feedback. While I cannot guarantee a response, I can confirm that this has been forwarded to the appropriate team.

1 Like

I am having this same issue. I wonder why the option is there in the first place if UEFN will just throw such a disallowed asset / project validation error. It makes one like me wish there was a way to turn this project validation feature off, all things considering that this isn’t a collaboration nor influencer/celebrity skin.

image2

@CorvierFairburn Thank you for your report! Can you please re-post using the “New Issue” option on the Issues and Bug Reporting forums? Posts with this feature are connected directly into our development team so we can quickly get to them!For more information, such as how to get the reference ID, please check out the article here: https://create.fortnite.com/news/using-the-creative-and-uefn-bug-reporting-form

Found out this isn’t a bug but appearently intentional…
I’ve talked a while back to someone from epic about this and they said only a few skins are allowed

Although I think all non copyright should be exposed, what is the point of having an high limits engine if we can’t even do simple things such as changing skins on guards

Even a list of the allowed skins would be helpful!

2 Likes

Hey, sorry I haven’t been able to get back with you on this and reposting to a new issue! Thanks for the response! If I’ve time and I’m not busy again, I’ll do so if the recent update(s) to UEFN haven’t already fixed it!

Edit: Seems like I can set Dire to the Guard Spawn device now in UEFN, although I’m not sure how to select the specific variant of him! Either way, that’s good and it seems that this issue is mostly resolved, even though they don’t show up in the game world after pushing changes! I’ll see about posting a new issue soon as possible via the reporting system for feedback, unless I find a workaround for the issue!

Another update: Ah, so it does seem intentional that you can’t select certain skins unless they’re on a list of skins EG has deemed you can select. Hm, personally, I think this should be changed and so I’ll open up feedback in UEFN.

2 Likes