Character commonly falls through landscape mesh

This is no longer an issue we are using v4.10

I’m experiencing it in 4.12.5. It happens in sloping terrain. It happens in new projects. It happens with imported terrain that works perfectly in 4.10. It happens in 4.12-only content I’ve purchased. The plugin appears incompatible with 4.12 so that fix is unavailable & I’ve tried resampling, as suggested. Any other ideas?

Hi steter,

• What steps can I take to reproduce this error on my end?
  • Are you using any landscape visibility alterations? If so, have you checked to see if you are falling through holes created by this tool?

Perhaps it’s an engine plugin. I just created a new 3rd person project. Added a new level. Filled the world. Raised terrain. Walked around lip. Foot sank into terrain. If I created enough hills, there would be places it’d fall through completely. It always happens.

Plugins: PlayUp Tools, Substance, LE Extended Standard Library

Same plugins as in 4.10, which never fails. I created an L3DT terrain which is fine in 4.10, but character falls through in 4.12.X. If I hadn’t bought content for 4.12, I’d just stick with 4.10, lol.

I shut all of the engine plugins off, used a fresh copy of one problematic terrain, re-applied collision to some static meshes that did the same thing, and so far, it’s working normally for that one, which was nothing but trouble. Weird stuff, but if it never returns, I’ll be happy. :smiley:

Hi steter,

To confirm, you are no longer experiencing this error as long as all of the plugins you were using are off? Have you narrowed down which plugin may have been causing the error?

Still in 4.19.2

I spawn the actor inside the air and it falls to floor like anticipated. but from time to time it falls via the panorama for unknown reasons. i have checked the collision on the mesh and it has each simple and complicated collision. The panorama is set to dam All with a default thickness of 16.zero. For the mesh the trace and object reaction are to dam the whole thing however the pawn. i’ve set show collision inside the editor and i will see the collision shown when it drops from the air.
Nox ShowBox VidMate

For more information on the Syncker plugin please refer to the Syncker … You can now choose terrain LODs, that will be used for collision … Showbox apk

showbox for pc