Character Attribute System

Hey , is there going to be a 4.9 update for this or does the 4.8 version work fine?

The 4.8 version should work just fine, I didn’t discover any errors or issues in 4.9 and none of my clients reported anything broken.
If you do find an issue , let me know and I’ll fix it.

So to be clear, my launcher says in the marketplace that it is not compatible with 4.9 only 4.8, however if I buy this I will be able to add it to my 4.9 project?

Yes, the 4.8 version should work fine in 4.9

I can confirm works in 4.9 and 4.10

Thanks Amievil for the confirmation. Bought it a while back, about to break it out. Thanks again.

Curious question, anybody got a text added in to health, and is possibul, howto

what do you mean “text added into the health?”
you mean like in the health bar? so it shows something like ( Health 856/1000 ) ?

Yeah that was what I was looking for

In that case, in the UMG widget, I would bind a text widget to a function, retrieve health , convert it to text, and append it to a "Health: " text

Thx alot , just what I needed.
Cheers

Been working with this here for 2 days now. Though my understanding of BP is limited.
I’ve been haveing some issue to get this to work on multiplayer.
Could somebody please explain, or make some tutorials, on how to setup this on multiplayer?
Thanks

as long as the Character_System variable you create in your character’s BP is set to replicate, and you only modify the character attributes on server, it should work just fine.

Been trying this way to may times.

We have tried to add in SMC, Spell/Abilty and Character Attribute. Just cant get it to work.
So I ask again can you please provide a tutorial.

I have look over some other places about this plugin off yours. Some other people are asking for a Multiplayer Tutorial.
I try to use this, where I have set it up as 2 different Widgets.
One with : Health, Stamina and Mana
Second with : Health, Stamina and Energy.

When using “replicate”, that make all 16 players missing there Health/Stamina/Mana or Energy, the bars are there, but no colors.
But if we change it from replicated to none, then we can see the bars (, but each time we login with a new character, the bars changes to that new players Widget Bars
That means, if you are logged in with a mana-user and running around, and second player logs in, that is a Energy yser, then it is change to Energy on the Mana User.

And by the way, have you read that PM I send you.

Hey there,
The only PM I got from you was over a month ago, and I replied to it, not sure if you read the answer…

Also regarding your issue, it would be better to contact me via skype or steam (sarr_50), where I can provide better and faster support.
So far you are the only client who still reports having issues with multiplayer.

Regards,

Sorry for saying it, but I have not got any PM from you.
But I will try contacting you tomorrow over skype.

Hey guys, Just wanted to let you all know, I’ve spent last 2 months or so battling with illness and tooth problems, so updates for my marketplace content have been delayed, but don’t worry I haven’t abandoned them, and there are unfinished updates for all my systems, as well as support for 4.12.

regarding any tips and requests. until i finish with the current updates, I’m not going to implement any new features.

The character system itself is just getting a compatibility update for now.

Hi @

How it works in multiplayer?
I looked at the blueprints. But nothing seems replicated!!!

I need it working in a multiplayer game!!!:cool:

@lunyBunny

thats odd, I been using it in few multiplayer projects without need for modification, as long as I called the appropriate functions to modify stats on the server. what version are you using?

Hi Adam, @

I downloaded again using the Unreal Engine launcher. But the latest version is accusing compatibility with old version 4.8 only.

I had seen some events for multiplayer. As the Server Event for levelUp PrintScreen message “[FONT=Arial Black]…:You Have Leveled UP YEEEY!”.
But there were many bugs when I put it to work. Something is wrong. Some things should work only on the owning client but replicate to all clients, while other clients remain without any functionality.

The ideal would be necessary in the character system a Gamestate and PlayerState containing the crucial variables or structures for replication. I wonder if the Character system is still alive and will receive any future update? I would appreciate see an update with a [FONT=Arial Black]Multiplayer Gameplay framework](Networking Overview for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation) containing working addStats events and Hud functionality?

I make a test using four players (Dedicated Server does not Works), and the result was not expected for a multiplayer game. The same hud was replicated and was overlapping on all clients.