Chaos vehicle gets "stuck" on slopes

]
Hi, does anyone know if there is a setting that affects this behavior? I’d like my vehicle to roll down from slopes regardless of their angle (unless the player actively holds the brake button)

This also appears to be the default behaviour of the off-road vehicle from the template.

Thanks a lot in advance to anyone who tries to help!

(edit: i’m on 5.3.2, forgot to mention)

I literally have the same issue with my car… none of the enigine parameters seems to affect this…

@ vidaandras I’m trying to dive into the source code in search of a solution, I’ll let you know if I ever manage to solve this

@vidaandras

Solved it.

p.Chaos.Suspension.SlopeThreshold

Add this to your vehicle’s begin play/construction script

I found this by digging through the source code, doesn’t seem like there’s documentation for this which sucks.

Basically, the chaos vehicles suspension system have a mechanism called anti-slide which stops the vehicle in its place when its on a very low speed and it’s below a certain angle.

Here’s how it works: “Slope threshold below which the anti-slide on slope mechanism is employed, value = Cos(SlopeAngle), i.e. for 50 degree slope = 0.6428, 30 degree slope = 0.866”

So basically setting this variable to 1 is equal to 0 degrees, meaning the vehicle never stops on slopes, of course you can set it as you like.

You might also find the following console variables useful:

p.Chaos.Suspension.SlopeSpeedThreshold - “Speed below which the anti-slide on slope mechanism is fully employed”

p.Chaos.Suspension.SlopeSpeedBlendThreshold - “Speed below which the anti-slide on slope blend mechanism starts”

So glad to be over this issue already :smiley:

2 Likes

Dude I will make a statue of you in my game.

1 Like

Since you were this awesome and dug through the mess of Chaos Vehicle, did you by any chance saw anything related to my problem?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.