Celestial Ruin - Game Environment

Hey everyone! I’m thrilled to present my latest environment project, built entirely in Unreal Engine 5.4. This time, I focused on harnessing the power of Lumen and Nanite, putting extra emphasis on HDRI lighting and crafting custom materials. The scene draws inspiration from classical Greco-Roman architecture, with the goal of achieving AAA-quality visuals using a modular design approach.

The assets were modeled in Blender, and I created the materials using Substance Designer and Painter. After that, everything was pieced together in Unreal Engine. The environment is made up of 20 modular assets and 4 core materials. Leveraging Unreal’s material system, I added subtle dirt details and edge highlights to bring out more variation and depth.

For a closer look, including a breakdown, video, and images, head over to my full post on ArtStation: ArtStation - Celestial Ruin

1 Like

Dude, this is insane! The attention to detail with Lumen and Nanite is :fire:, and that Greco-Roman vibe really pops with the lighting and materials you used. Love how you integrated Blender and Substance for that extra realism. The subtle dirt and edge highlights add so much depth. Definitely feels AAA quality, can’t wait to check out the full breakdown on ArtStation!