Cashgen - (kinda) Infinite Procedural World Generator

Sorry if this has been asked before, but would this plugin support landscape holes generated at specific locations, sizes & shapes at runtime?

Nope, not at present.

So it appears that the runtime mesh component is broken in some way, this happens both with the demo project and if I create a new one in 4.18.

When I build it in VC - I get the exact same thing as @honaj
BTW: I am attempting to do this in 4.19.2 - yes I do have the Runtime Mesh Component 4.19.2 version from GitHub

Having some trouble with the RMC testing here. Hopefully get something fixed today…

I’ve got fixes for CashGen 4.19.2’s interface with the RMC, but the RMC is still broken in 4.19.2 for me. Once It’s fixed I’ll submit this and everything should be sorted.

is that flying pathfinding project advancing too? :slight_smile:

Yep, been a bit slow recently as work has been busy, but still progressing.

The octree generation is complete, the node lookup is complete, I’m just working on the A* implmentation, although I need to add a bunch of debug viz while I’m doing it. Will probably make a thread later this evening as I should have a couple of hours to work on it.

Nice… More than nice :slight_smile: Me myself have been experimenting with simple flying AI avoidances, reactions recent weeks. Actually looks good, for arcade-ish shooting situations (as intended). Need to start somewhere, right? :slight_smile:

I’ve been designing something like this for quite some time for my game (Hiway 9), may i use yours instead?
However, i’d like to ask you if there’s the possibility to add roads and towns and level the terrain where those are added.

Thanks!

Feel free to use it for whatever you want.

Adding roads/towns etc is a pretty big subjects. There is some spline support that someone submitted, although I haven’t played with it much.

Updates:

Working in 4.19, make sure you get the latest RMC as well.

Async cooking doesn’t seem to be working, at least I’m getting severe hitching on the demos that previously ran smoothly.

My big appreciation for keeping this asset “alive”! :slight_smile: (it was me on github with questions…)

No problem. I’m not really actively developing it at the moment, rather just keeping it maintained.

I should get some time next week to look into the hitching that has appeared in 4.19.

I have one problem…With CashGen in 4.19.2

//What I should change in code there?

I’m not seeing this, I did a sync, git clean and rebuild this morning, on 4.19.2.

Maybe this is Runtime Mesh Component ?

Good day.
Today I tried to use your plugin in accordance with the lessons located under the link:
CashGen Tutorial - Part 2 - Making a simple terrain scene - YouTube
But unfortunately when I tried to start the gameplay, the system hung and I was given the following …

Tell me what I’m doing wrong, I’m working in version 18.3. The RuntimeMeshComponent works separately from the terrane generator.

You’ve run out of memory, as the error states. Are you trying some very large values for the size?

I’m aware that the demos aren’t working on 4.20. I’m at a bit of a loss at the moment to see what the is, it seems the geometry calculations are incorrect, but I’m very confused as to how an engine version change could have caused it.

Finally tracked down the problem! There was an error in the vertex generation that had started causing problems with the newer RuntimeMeshComponent.

Fixed :cool: