CarTest - Advanced Vehicle Kit

Thanks for the kind words!
Also i have dropped the clamping idea and made the steering wheel to work correctly.
Just switch out the clamp node to a float+float and divide that by 2, so you got an average value of it, and than it only needs multiplication!
I hope, you will get back to it! :slight_smile:

UPDATE:
I uploaded my 7th build of my project.
I have added an very low graphics setting and reduced the build size, the new car “HOLLO” got some visible damage also 5 LOD’s too.
In HOLLO’s interior now the radio works too (if you switch music the displayed title switch too), also the interior got textures, but the speedometer’s isn’t finished yet (it’s jut an image projected on the speedometer, )!
Here is an image from the interior:

This is awesome ! . Are you still planing sell this on marketspace or somewhere?

Thanks for the reply!
Yeah, i am planning to sell this project on the marketplace for 10$! :slight_smile:

instabuy for me :D, can’t wait!

UPDATE:
Hi, guys!
I have finished, working on the car interior and to celebrate this i have updated the project to the 4.9.1 version.
But that was not my best idea (luckily i have multiple backups from my project).
I think some changes was made to the colliders in the engine.
So the problem is that, in the previous version 4.8.3 the damage using morph targets/colliders was working correctly but with 4.9.1 just isn’t.
When you get some damage on the car, with 4.9.1 the car mesh starts flickering when it’s moving.
I have uploaded two new builds (CarTest_4.8.3_X86/CarTest_4.9.1_X86) none of the two was anything changed by hand.
Someone have any idea, to fix this issue? :slight_smile:

UPDATE:
Hi!
The above post of mine, has been succesfully reported and got a ticket number: UE-21684.
I have uploaded another build, accurately the eighth.
You can see the new things added to this build on the first post.
The next feature will be the, “Tire Stop Bug, if the handbrake is used while the car is still, and then you add some throttle, after a few seconds it stops spinning for a moment then, it’s continues to spin and this goes all over again” and the “Tire Skidmarks if Brake or Handbrake is used.”
Someone have any idea, why is the first happening?
Also how should i approach the Tire Skidmark with only using Blueprints?

UPDATE:
Hi, guys!
I have some great news, i uploaded the nineth build, of my project.
The new things added to this build are visible on the first post.
Also it needs only some minor work and finally i can submit it to the marketplace! :slight_smile:

Hi! I donwload the last build, really nice, I will buy it as soon it get to the marketspace =)
A question: The car skeletal mesh needs some specific settings?, like some specifics bones, weights, etc? Just wondering how difficult is to add custom cars to the project.

Hi!
Thanks for the question!
I have used Blender for the car and i don’t know if it can be done with other programs.
First it didn’t need any rigging (bones) in Blender, as you can see on the images i just have seperated those mesh that can move/rotate separately (Exterior, Interior, Wheels, Brake Pads).
All those separate meshes need to be a parent/child of the car main body mesh, also it’s really important that the meshes names need to be the same as my HOLLO car, those names you can see too on the images (it’s the UE4 one).
You don’t need to have all of the “bone’s”, if you want you can just have a body mesh and four wheels, but then all those blueprints will be usesless and will waste resources from the computer.
You need to be sure that your car axis are correct too, if it’s not then it will cause some problems, also as i mentioned on the first post when this project will be available on the Marketplace i will post a step by step tutorial on how to import cars into UE4 using Blender.

Ok, thanks!, I’m currently working with vehicles and I am using the a similar approach that you are using, so good to know =)
keep the good working!
Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words!
Now for some news, i have made a request to submit my project to the marketplace, so on the coming days i hope that i will serve to you guys, with some good news! :slight_smile:
Also i have uploaded the last tenth build so go and check it out! :slight_smile:

Good… look forward to the project in MarketPlace!

UPDATE
Hi, guys!
I have some bad news! :frowning:
Right now my project is on hold, because the main car is looking like an Fiat 500, but it has fictional name and the interior isn’t exactly the same, but they need some sort of proof that i can sell it!
I have two option get some sort of proof that i can sell it or switch it out with another car, that will not hopefully violate any copyrights.
So, what do you guys think about it? :slight_smile:

Hi ,

1. what kind of proof? some confirmation from FIAT that there is no problem using this model that is similar to Fiat 500
  2. How much work do you need to do to replace the mesh? (assuming you will not start from scratch but from a free model)

Cons:

1. could take a lot of time or take forever to get a response
  2. You must do extra work

I think you could do both things at same time, I mean, try to contact Fiat ( or whoever needed), and in the meanwhile, add another car to the project.
So if 1 or 2 are OK, you are done.
if 2 is complete and after that, 1 is OK, well we will have two cars on the project :slight_smile:
Add another car shouldn’t be difficult except for the damage morph targets on mesh ( I really don’t know how difficult is to add that)

Yeah, i need an confirmation/proof that i can use it, so basically i think i need a license (which is really expensive, i think) from Fiat to use the car in my project commercially.
The response indeed could take weeks also Fiat’s support only speaks Italian which i’m not familiar.
I didn’t want to replace the mesh, because then i need i car that doesn’t look like any other licensed/branded car, with an exterior/interior to fully work, but i can make one with exterior and much more limeted interior faster.
Yes, with this i will be doing some extra work, the import, morph targets, are pretty easy to make, but the modelling and texturing can take a while if i want an detailed car.
I think this time i will make a sport car that will be really low poly also want it to be to look nice.

I understand, if you want my opinion, you are not selling the car itself but the system you made. Basically if you give me a square with 4 cylinders representing a car, I am happy with that, as soon as the system itself works. But is just my opinion

Thanks for your opinion, but i only want to make a really simple (box car) only when there is no option left, right now i have begin to work on another car model but this time with much lower poly count! :slight_smile:

Hi all!
I think i misunderstood the email from the marketplace guy, because i needed to send my project files + some description + images, but that doesn’t guarantee, that it will be on the marketplace any time soon!
Also i have send the needed files around 1 week ago, so i should give, to you all good or bad news in the coming days!
Abeout the new car mesh, i have changed my mind and it will be a box car and i will use it in my tutorial video!

Great, looking forward for this! hope it hits the marketspace soon =)