I am presenting you CarTest - Advanced Vehicle Kit, that will bring the basic racing things, for the Unreal users, who wants to make car racing games!
I have released, three tutorial video on how to export/import cars step by step, using Blender to Unreal Engine 4.
My project is available for purchase on the marketplace, for only 5$!
- Automatic/Manual Gear switch
- Added intro video
- Finished Time Attack, Time Attack (Reverse), Free Roam levels
- Basic Time Trial System (Used Epic’s tutorial)
- Pause Menu Sytem with levels selector, settings and credits
- Car Flip function, if the car has landed on it’s top, now with manual flipping (only works if the car doesn’t moving, after that, move the car a little, then 5 seconds later you can flip the car again)
- Basic Damage System with Sound Effects and Damage amount applied by speed (Improved Damage System with Triggers + Particle Effects)
- Tire Smoke/Skidmarks, if Brake or Handbrake is used, also when oversteering with skidding sound effect
- Created a new Speedometer for the car (HUD)
- Added very low graphics settings/reduced build size
- Car mesh got visible damages
- Car interior has now fully working speedometer, steering wheel, gear stick, gas/brake/clutch pedals, handbrake and radio
- Color Changer with user defined colors for it’s Body, Rim and it’s Interior
- Functionable Windshield Wipers
- 3 Camera (Follow, Orbit, Interior)
- Engine Sound Effects
- Reverse, Brake & Front Light
- Brake/Handbrake Sound Effects
- Tire Sound Effects
- Horn Sound Effect
- Metric & Imperial Changer
- Analog Speedometer
- Basic Nitro System with Refuel, after a few seconds
- Basic Garage to Repair the car, also you can repair it anytime, with pick ups
- OnGround function with Line Trace to detect if the car is on the ground or not
- Map was also changed, added Race Track, the Terrain was deleted, the car Bottom, Top, Triggers couldn’t work because it didn’t had overlap collider functions
Also works the best with an Xbox 360 Controller.
Builds Download Link:
Final Build Alternative Download Link:
Tutorial Videos Link:
Be sure, that you have enabled the subtitles on the tutorial videos.
Tutorial Car Mesh Link:
Tutorial Car Mesh Alternative Link:
This is the car mesh that i have used in the tutorial videos, it’s available to download for free, so you can easily follow along with my tutorials.
If you like my project so far, then go check out the builds and the tutorial videos, also feel free to give me some feedback!