Discord server: https://discord.gg/PuAyhDctHp
UPDATE [2022-11-10]: v1.3.0 - Integrated the new Google Cardboard SDK v1.18.0 Change Log.
UPDATE [2022-01-10]: v1.2.1 - hot-fix. Change Log.
UPDATE [2021-11-16]: v1.2.0 - Integrated the new Google Cardboard SDK version 1.9.0. More details in the Change Log.
UPDATE [2021-08-16]: v1.1.0 - Integrated the new Google Cardboard SDK version 1.7.0. Improved head tracking. Customizable device parameters. Added methods to re-center and set the headset yaw angle.
NOTE: this product is not made by, or affiliated with, Google Inc in any way.
Simply enabling the plugin is enough to start building and running your mobile VR experience on any Google Cardboard supported mobile device and viewer.
For a complete setup, more advanced options and important technical notes, please read the documentation.
Integrated Google Cardboard SDK versions:
- UE5.0: v1.18.0 (read notes about QFE for Xcode 14)
- UE4.27: v1.9.0
- UE4.26: v1.9.0
- UE4.25: v1.7.0
- head tracking;
- stereoscopic rendering;
- user interaction via the viewer button;
- native, customisable, UI overlay to allow the user to:
- enable/disable the stereoscopic mode;
- scan the QR code to automatically configure the parameters of its Google Cardboard viewer.
- customisable device parameters;
- all the features are available from both Blueprints and C++.
- UNACardboardVR (Runtime)
Network Replicated: Not applies (it’s a client local rendering system).
Supported Development Platforms: Windows, Mac.
Supported Target Build Platforms: iOS, Android, Windows (only for testing), Mac (only for testing).
Example project: https://github.com/UNAmedia/ue4-cardboard-demo