Capture the Flag Tutorial Door / Capture Point Bugs

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Other

Summary

Hi, could be wrong as I’m new to UEFN but I believe I found some problems in the capture the flag tutorial on the official website.

1. The Trigger to close the door after opening (on the Step 4 - Set Up Spawn Rooms) does not ever trigger. The tutorial talks about triggering it later from a device, but I don’t believe that is ever actually set up later in the tutorial. What I did was set the “close” trigger to trigger when either of the “open” triggers are triggered (yo dawg I heard you like triggers). Since it has a delay of 1 second it works pretty well, but again the tutorial doesn’t ever actually set this up to my knowledge.

2. When setting up the enable/disable functions for the capture area device, I believe the device linking is incorrect. The documentation says that the Blue Team Capture Area Device should be enabled when the Blue Team Capture Item Spawner item has been picked up. This doesn’t make sense as you would want the blue capture zone to be enabled when the RED team capture item spawner item has been picked up. I am assuming the Blue team capture item spawner and the blue team capture zone are in the same base (which I think most people would assume).

3. Also regarding the capture item/area devices, I don’t think the direct event binding logic is right for preventing scoring when your teams flag is not at your base.

Steps to Reproduce

Follow the Steps from this CTF tutorial: Capture the Flag

Expected Result

I would expect the door to close after in opens in the spawn room. I would also expect the flag mechanics to work as described.

Observed Result

The door never closes, and the flag mechanics also don’t work since the capture zone isn’t enabled for the correct team. Also the prevention of scoring doesn’t work because the wrong capture zone is disabled

Platform(s)

PC