Can't teleport to meshes edges

Hi,
does anyone know why I can’t teleport to the edges of meshes that are put next to each other if I changed the VR Pawn Class from “Pawn” to “Character”?
*I can teleport to the outer edges without any problems
*I have this issue in 5.0.3 and 5.1

I think you will have to be more specific. How do you teleport and why do you need to teleport?

The Character class derives from the Pawn class, so it inherits everything and adds some more. One of the things it adds is a Capsule Component (aka Collision Cylinder).

So the collision on the capsule is likely affecting you, in which case you can change the height and radius of the capsule in the details panel.

I’m using the default VR Template teleportation system. I need it so that I have smooth locomotion and teleport when moving around the level.

If I remember correctly, the default template uses the navmesh to see if you can teleport in a place or not, you can preview it by clicking the viewport (not while in play) and pressing the P key. If you see a hole in the green it means that the navmesh is not present there.

In case you do and you want to fill these holes, it should be enough to disable the collision of the meshes that are blocking you.

I already have a NavMesh and it covers everything. By disabling the collision, I’m no longer able to teleport to any spot on the mesh which makes things worse. I think the issue is in the VR Pawn, either because of the capsule collision or because of the way the default code calculates the destination spot which collides with the capsule.

Is it a single mesh? Can you show us the simple collision in the mesh preview? It’s not very clear from your picture which edges are you talking about (at first I thought you were referring to the yellow lines but I think I misunderstood your problem)

I can’t teleport to the marked edges, but I can to the outer ones that have no objects next to them

and this is the collision

1 Like

Ok, at least I understood correctly, the collision seems fine too.

Would you mind uploading the project here?

I think it should be light enough for the forum to support it (Use zip project, it will automatically remove unnecessary files)

The file:
VRTemplate2.zip (12.9 MB)

Also, I was playing with the teleport code and by deleting the subtracting node that subtracts the projected location by the Nav cell height and replacing it with an addition node with a value of >55, it seem to fix the issue. it would be great if you could take a look :white_heart:

So far, I fixed it by deleting the Subtracting node and replacing it with an Add node of value >55 (85 Looks the best). I don’t know if it is the best solution. (Capsule Half Height = 88)
This also prevented me from falling from the world when teleporting on very thin meshes(e.x. Planes)

1 Like

In this way you are altering the ProjectedTargetLocation, if you draw a debug shape will spawn floating on the ground, if you leave it at -25 it is where it should be:

This solution works for me:

I’ll try that. Thanks a lot :white_heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.