Can't simulate physics because of ComplexAsSimple collision

I don’t know if it’s the right category and tags but never mind. can someone please explain me, why can’t I simulate physics on actors that uses complex collision as simple? I have a ram skull which I downloaded from Quixel bridge and I tried to edit it in blueprint and add some functions to it but when I try to simulate physics on it (via the blueprint) it’s says error. it cannot simulate physics on complexAsSimple collision. And I need the complex collision I don’t want to switch to simple box collision I need to keep the complex. anyway to solve this problem?

You need to either export the mesh and add custom collision in Blender, 3DSM or other 3D modeling software, or add primitives to it in the SM editor. A simple convex collision from the sm editor will work.

There’s loads of tutorials on this.

1 Like

why can’t I simulate physics on actors that uses complex collision

That’s how the engine is set up. It would be too taxing to simulate on millions of triangles in real time. You can simulate against complex (a ball rolling down very complex terrain) but the terrain cannot simulate itself.

It does not need to be a box:

The auto-convex can generate more advanced shapes, too:

But the best advice is in the previous post. If you need custom and accurate collision that is also performant, look no further than this: