Can't Re-Enable collision through Construction Script

Hello, I’m having trouble with collisions not behaving as I expect it to
Basically I have a road mesh + the sidewalks that are made up of multiple meshes
The sidewalk meshes are grouped under a single mesh named ‘SideWalks’. I have a boolean switch to control visibility and collision

Problem: When disabling the collision initially, I’m unable to re-enable it using the boolean switch I created. It’s like it’s permanently disabled when I switch it off, or it just doesn’t refresh

I’ve spent a while experimenting and finding work arounds, but no luck. I’m also not super adept at blueprint stuff, so any help is appreciated

Why not use?

Scene components are not static meshes, so I assume the cast is failing.

Sorry, but that doesn’t seem to work, as it’s expecting an actor, not a scene component. I want to be able to hide a specified parent + it’s children that I’ve setup in my blueprint scene. I’ve also tried Destroying the components when the condition is false but no luck.

1 Like

I get it… :slight_smile:

There’s been a lot of references to this over the years, I assume it’s a ‘feature’ of the engine.

The solution is to set the collision at runtime :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah I see, yeah you’re right. When I do it at runtime it seems to be working perfectly. Shame, I was hoping I could keep everything in the construction script

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.