Can't play Standalone Game from Editor

Hi All,

This is my first post so I’m hoping this is the correct place to ask.

I have an issue in my project where I can’t play in Standalone Game mode or use Quick Launch. It used to work for me but something has broken and I am not sure what. This is the error I get when UE5 crashes after I hit the play button:

Assertion failed: IsValidCoord(InRenderCoord) [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Landscape\Public\LandscapeRender.h] [Line: 510]

I can run the game with PIE and within the selected viewport no problem. I have also seen the post that somebody else created here:

But unfortunately none of the suggestions in that post fixed it for me.

There is a fix I found which isn’t really helpful, if I turn off “Is Spacially Loaded” on the landscape streaming proxys, I can play in Standalone Game and Quick Launch. But this kills all of the performance and as far as I’m aware, when using World Partition, this setting should be switched on?

For a bit more context, this project was upgraded from 4.26 to 5.1 to 5.3. Which took a fair amount of effort to get working in the first place. The customer wants Lumen and Nanite, so the landscape is currently nanite and I am working with HLODs on everything. The crash might be related to the HLODs, but I’m not really sure, because like I said above, it did originally work, before I started building HLODs but I don’t know if that’s a coincidence. I’ve tried rebuilding them and deleting them but that didn’t help the issue of not being able to build or play the Standalone Game.

Any help would be appreciated and let me know if you need more info.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Exact same error message Here as well. I migrated my character creator project into my demo project and now I can only play my project stand alone. When trying to load the demo project after creating my character i get this exact error message. using 5.3.2

1 Like