Can't move FBX imported via "Import into level"

Anyone else had this?

If I import a FBX scene with multiple objects (hundreds) using the File - “Import into Level” command, I get a hierarchy in the world outliner. If I move the root node around in the level, the geometry stays fixed in place.

Even if I convert the hierarchy to a blueprint (which is actually an option to do it automatically), it stays fixed in place regardless of it’s transform.

Why is this and how to I get back “normal” behavior?

1 Like

Are you sure that your geometry is actually in the component (or down in the hierarchy) you are moving?

Can you provide some screenshots?

(Ignore the last part of the video… there’s a scaling issue in the FBX import which made the cubes i the new actor be very small.)

1 Like

Try to set to true the “Import as Dynamic” checkbox when you import the scene, and tell me if you are still experiencing this issue.

1 Like

Thanks that made it work! Not sure how to mark this as the answer as it’s a comment.

(Absolutely tanked the performance, though… but that’s another story.)

The first time I import a FBX scene the pivot won’ t change the objects translation. When I reimport the FBX Scene Import data in the content browser it works.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.