Can't make border for camera

Camera border keeps shifting by some distance and I don’t know how to fix it. How do i get it permanent?

here is blueprint:

P.S. if you have more efficient or elegant way of making camera border i’d love to hear them

Camera border

Border? That would indicate you’re trying to constrain traversal. Your script seems to address rotation? Could you clarify? If you’re trying to clamp allowed rotation / viewing angles, the camera manager can do it out of the box:

Thank you! This is exactly what i need but i dont see this settings in FirstPersonCamera

It is not about the camera itself, it’s about the Camera Manager. It’s a separate blueprint you create yourself and have the player controller override the default one:

Or, if you need just the basic functionality, you can use the default manager the engine creates automatically:

Camera border keeps shifting by some distance and I don’t know how to fix it. How do i get it permanent?

The post was super unclear so we have no clue what you’re making. Hard to advise better.

• are we making turrets / CCTV cameras that cannot rotate 360?
  • are we dealing with an fps soldier that can run straight but can also simultaneously look to the right (like in VR or Arma games)?
  • are making a Mechwarrior clone where the torso has some degrees of free rotation dictated by the feet?

Example use:

You can absolutely clamp the rotation manually but the Camera Manager can be quite handy for this.

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.