Can't get the accurate number of drawn triangles per frame

I’m using Unreal Engine 5.1. I have a scene comprising a grid of objects only (nothing else in the scene, no plane, no sky…). The instanced triangle count of the whole set of objects is about 2.7 million. When I check Drawn Triangles stat (under RHI) in Profiler of Session Frontend, the average of a 10s camera movement through the grid is given to be a mere 625. I think this 625 doesn’t make any sense.

1. so How can I get the accurate number of drawn triangles per frame?
  2. and How can I find/compute the average number of drawn triangles for a certain period of time
    in Unreal Engine 5.1?

Hello Trezznor,

If you go to Tools → Audit → Statistics, do you get a number that’s closer to your expectation?

Is Nanite enabled on your objects?

Audit → Statistics gives me the instanced triangle count which is 2.7 million. I need the drawn triangle count per frame

What do you mean by “Nanite enabled project”? Isn’t Nanite enabled per object(mesh), not the whole project?

My original post was for the case without Nanite-enabled objects but a solution that gives the total drawn triangle count (including both non-Nanite and Nanite-enabled objects) would be great.

Hi again,

You’re right that Nanite is per-object, I promise that I did not edit my previous post!

I don’t have a solution, but if you are using Nanite you can see some stats/numbers with the console command nanitestats

1 Like

thanks but I already got that from my previous post :wink: if I can find a way to do both, i can probably rule the galaxy, if not at least progress my project :smiley:

1 Like