Hi. I’ve been battling with this problem for 5/6 days now. I have found and read various threads and webpages on what third party apps to install and how to setup UnReal. I have succeeded with some but still cannot find my android device in the launch list.
Steps I have completed:-
- Visual Studio 2019 (installed)
- VS 2019 Workload
- C++ Profiling
- Windows 10 SDK
- UnReal Engine Installer
- ANdroid IDE forUnReal
- CodeWorks -1R8-windows-b181 (Run)
- NVidia Tegra (Keeps complaining about Visual Studio Dependency - not installed)
- USB Drive (NVidia) -installed
- USB Driver Shield (installed)
- Documentation 1R7 (installed)
- Android Toolchain (installed)
- Android NDK (installed)
- Java SDK (installed)
- Apache ANT (installed)
- Gradel (installed)
- USB Driver (installed)
- Android SDK (base, platform & build tools) -installed
- Android 8 API 26 (installed)
- I have activated the Android licenses as required
- Am running UnReal Studio (blank project) so as to important Datasmith file from 3rd party program
- My phone has got “Developer Mode” enabled.
- I have installed Samsung drivers on my PC.
It’s just crazy how much one has to do, just to attempt AR/VR. Surely there must be simpler way?! Anyway, if anyone can help me with my Tegra installation (how to clear the Visual Studio dependency issue) IR has any other helpful tips on how I can get UnReal to recognise my android device, I would really appreciate it.
EDIT:- Error when installing Tegra - “Installing Nsight Tegra, Visual Studio Edition 3.5 failed. Return Code: -1 com.nvidia.nvtools.pentak component is not defined!”